Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just got this painful red bump on my eye, my mom told me its a stye, does anyone know what to do about this or do i have to get medicine?

please help

·
Registered
160 Posts
Here are some things I pulled up from About.com:

Treating a Stye:

* Warm compresses:
Gently press a very warm washcloth against the eyelid for 10 minutes at least 4 times per day.

* Massage:
Gently massage the entire area to speed healing.

* Antiobiotic ointment, eye drops or pills:
Antibiotic ointments or eye drops may help cure the infection. If the skin around it is becoming infected, antibiotic pills may be needed.

I hope this helps. It sounds painful!

·
Registered
195 Posts
When I had this I didn't do the stuff martha recommended, as a last resort a doctor will give you a general anti-biotic. But you don;t want to treat the whole body if you don't have to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had one last week! It hurt like hell and my eye swelled up and totally itched and burned for like a week, I would say warm compression but DO NOT TOUCH IT! It makes it worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Very important note to add for styes. NO makeup at all or contact lenses (toss and replace your disposable ones). You can re-infect your eyes. I have had a few in the past and thrown away my mascara and liners. Shadows are usually ok if you wipe them down with a tissue. Clean any eye brushes for sterilization.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts