Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, go to my posts on retin a this has worked for me, ive had acne scars and very oil skin both are such a pain to deal with.

·
Registered
620 Posts
DO you guys know of a way to stabalize oily skin and clear up acnes scars? pls help...
I'm right here with you. I have samples of differin gel that I am using.
I want to order it or RA to use on regular basis.
Waying my options, but it seems to be the best route to take!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Over time, AHA (alpha hydroxy - glyco products) can smoothe your skin surface. Try an AHA peel or mask. Excess oil production responds best to BHA (beta hydroxy) products. AHAs make us more susceptible to sunburn, so be careful & use a good UVA/UVB protector, usually mineral-based to keep the oil factor down.

There are also IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments which can help a lot with discoloration & broken capillaries. Pitted scars generally need stronger peels or microbrasions from a dermatologist.

·
Registered
620 Posts
What can I use daily to keep my oil under control?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I use Paula's Choice 2% beta hydroxy gel, every a.m. after cleanse/tone & under make up (if any). It's clear. I sometimes use it at night, too. You might want to start with the 1% if you've never tried betas before (salicylic & lactic acids).

A nighttime alpha hydroxy acid might help too, as long as it isn't too strong.

Do not use moisturizers until your oil production stabilizes.

Blotting papers are handy for quick touch ups.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
It's been about two years now since I've started the Avon skin abbrassion, it has really helped me a lot, I may get one pimple every now and then but not the big bad break outs I had before. As well it's helped me alot with the scarring too. I do it 2x a week, and my skin looks pretty good. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I use Paula's Choice 2% beta hydroxy gel, every a.m. after cleanse/tone & under make up (if any). It's clear. I sometimes use it at night, too. You might want to start with the 1% if you've never tried betas before (salicylic & lactic acids).

A nighttime alpha hydroxy acid might help too, as long as it isn't too strong.

Do not use moisturizers until your oil production stabilizes.

Blotting papers are handy for quick touch ups.

Good luck!
I love my Rice Oil Blotting Papers from Hong Kong!!! Can't live without them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have very oily skin, large pores and blackheads. I've been using Mederma Scar Gel for two months now and I've noticed a VERY significant improvement in my skin. I'm dark skinned and acne spots take forever to fade, this is the only thing that works for me. I think Im going to try lactic acid facials next.

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have very oily skin, large pores and blackheads. I've been using Mederma Scar Gel for two months now and I've noticed a VERY significant improvement in my skin. I'm dark skinned and acne spots take forever to fade, this is the only thing that works for me. I think Im going to try lactic acid facials next.
Try Beauty Sprinkles! It helped lighten up my dark spots!

It's a powder blend that u mix with yogurt...
Yogurt is the best form of Lactic acid!
and it's cheap!!! Try Plain Greek yogurt!

Beauty Sprinkles is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Try Beauty Sprinkles! It helped lighten up my dark spots!

It's a powder blend that u mix with yogurt...
Yogurt is the best form of Lactic acid!
and it's cheap!!! Try Plain Greek yogurt!

Beauty Sprinkles is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Where do you get Beauty Sprinkes?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts