Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I got a facial yesterday...but now, my face is all red and super dry.
I can't believe this happened. I've gotten facials before and never had this problem. I need to get my skin back to normal really quickly. Advice, tips anything!?!? pleaseeee. thanks!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would call the salon or spa where you had the facial and tell them what your reaction was so they can maybe diagnose it. Maybe you were allergic to something they used or maybe the products were just too harsh for your skin. I would definitely start with an intense moisturizer and be cautious about what kind of products you choose...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well, what kind of facial mask did they apply on your face? Because different masks have different properities that react to your skin. For instance, if it was Dead Sea mud mask, it would react strongly to your skin because it has a high concentration of salt. The salt in mud masks are naturally an irritant and therefore, you would start to feel a burning sensation on your face and when you wash it off, it would leave red, inflammed skin and red bumps. It feels like razor burn. It can leave your skin really dry if you already have dry skin to begin with, but if you have oily skin, it should leave it matte. If you use a chemical mask, your skin may be reacting allergically to an ingredient. If you use a clay mask, which i found was the safest kind, it has very low salt content and least abrasive. I hope that this helps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts