Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i'm catherine from germany,i'm new here.

one of my friend at *********.com refer me to this site for more help so please help me..

I'm currenty 35 years female, and my face has started getting wrinkle and i'm depressed .When i see my friends older than my age they still have no wrinkles and i would also like to have a wrinkle free face.please suggest me anything i can do to get rid of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Focus on those with more wrinkles or problems with their face you may not have to deal with. This will help you feel more at peace with yourself and feel thankful for where you're at.

I'm a 35 yo male with some pock marks from acne when I was young and I used to obsess over it. Now, I only realize that there are many better and many worse off, so I just accept and remember those who have it worse.

Hope this didn't sound preachy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Hi Catherine!

I'm originally from Germany, too.

Don't feel bad about your skin. Treat it with care and stick with a good skin care routine and you'll be just fine.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think the most important thing is to protect your skin from the sun especially around the eye area with a sunscreen as the sun is your skin's worst enemy. I have also used oils such as avocado,camellia or jojoba, just a few drops on damp skin and this has helped my very dry skin. Garden of Wisdom has some excellent Eye Majik Cream that has worked wonders on the deep wrinkles around my eyes, it's reasonably priced and they do ship overseas, this cream has done more for my wrinkles than the Clarins eye cream and the Lancome ones that I used before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi Catherine,

Wrinkles at 35 is no joke - I do sympathise with you.

I work "front of camera" and the favourite coffee break topics for us girls are(needless to say) skin care and fashion. All of us would give you this advice.....the first and most important thing to do is....stop worrying and take some action!

Don't go spending fortunes on fix-all potions - but do throw the junk out of your diet (you are what you eat!) and get a gallon or so of water into your system every day.

Use Moisturisers regularly - no need to go expensive here, just use one that has antioxidants and a sun protection factor of 15.

These three things alone will give you a good base from which to consider other ways to help your skin.

Jan

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry Catherine - forgot to mention a very important "must" for you.

Do not go out in the sun without high strength sun block - the sun does untold damage to the skin and it is no longer cool to be brown ..........and wrinkly!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just go for a high SPF - if you're out and about in the sun, then use it regularly throughout the day.

I don't worry about whether it's "this or that" brand - I just get a brand I like the "feel" of and keep lathering it on!

Jan

·
Registered
221 Posts
I use Clinique City Block SPF 40 on my face and even around my eyes, it sinks right in and have never had a burn on my face even though I've been outside in extreme temperatures.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts