Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I got a spot just on the top of my nose about 6 months ago and there is still a red mark which i can see if I look closely or in the light when I look in the mirror and it is really annoying me. I know I may sound a bit silly as there are people with far worse skin problems but I am very conscious whenever I get any kind of spot/marks on my face.

The main spot has gone but the faint red mark from the spot still remains, It seems to be just under the skin.

I tried putting some aloe vera on it, which a few people recommended but to no avail.

I was looking at the following a number of products including the following:

I just realised that I cannot post links so I will have to explain, the following two are from amazon.co.uk:

Clear Essence Lemon Plus Vitamin C Vanishing Creme

Clear Essence skin smoothing creme with sunscreen

and there are a number of other products on there.

And also there are some on boots.co.uk, after I typed in spot redness there is a number of products on the first and second page.

Can somebody tell me if any of the above products would work and if so which, or/and if any of you could tell me a product which could help me.

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
316 Posts
You are describing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (google it). The best way to address this is to exfoliate the skin with salicylic acid. Only time and good exfoliation can fade and eventually get rid of this.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Not sure if it helps (if you have the above condition it may be better to use the stuff advised above.)

But I get the same thing- if I get a spot or a scratch, it heals over in days, but a red mark remains for much longer. It does go away- but takes it time, sometimes it can take a year or two- it does go but in time. Bio oil I think can help- I burnt my arm with curling tongs, badly! healed VERY fast (I eat very healthily -think it helped) but the red mark? its been two months now, and from previous experience I am guessing 18 months before its invisible. Its just cos my skin is so pale I think.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A popular method you should consider is microdermabrasion. Its been proven most effective in relieving the remnants of, "PIH" and its pain free. The dark mark you have is in the outer layer of skin and microdermabrasion removes that layer carefully and comfortably. The best part being you won't have to wait the two or so years it may last on your nose.

If you decide to do this make sure you have a set of skin recovery ointments and creams to help reduce skin tenderness, irritation, inflammation, and burning sensations that may occur after a microdermabrasion.
good luck =D

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Not sure if it helps (if you have the above condition it may be better to use the stuff advised above.)

But I get the same thing- if I get a spot or a scratch, it heals over in days, but a red mark remains for much longer. It does go away- but takes it time, sometimes it can take a year or two- it does go but in time. Bio oil I think can help- I burnt my arm with curling tongs, badly! healed VERY fast (I eat very healthily -think it helped) but the red mark? its been two months now, and from previous experience I am guessing 18 months before its invisible. Its just cos my skin is so pale I think.
I get the same problem as well. It is very irritating. If I get a spot or scratch, it heals in a few days but a red mark persists for a long time! It does go away but take several months to disappear completely.

Maybe you can try massaging some rosehip oil. I have read that it is good for fading scars.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I get the same problem as well. It is very irritating. If I get a spot or scratch, it heals in a few days but a red mark persists for a long time! It does go away but take several months to disappear completely.

Maybe you can try massaging some rosehip oil. I have read that it is good for fading scars.
Thanks- know what you mean re: using oil,

8 months is the going rate if I use Bio oil. I have a scar on my thumb (sliced open an orange when not watching) its still red. 3 YEARS AFTER THE EVENT!! I dod not use bio oil on my thumb. I have however, helped the hair curling tong red mark to fade considerably by using bio oil!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks- know what you mean re: using oil,

8 months is the going rate if I use Bio oil. I have a scar on my thumb (sliced open an orange when not watching) its still red. 3 YEARS AFTER THE EVENT!! I dod not use bio oil on my thumb. I have however, helped the hair curling tong red mark to fade considerably by using bio oil!
I have heard bio oil is supposed to be used for numerous skin problems like stretch marks, aging skin and scars. Might give it a try. One never knows what may work! It's all a trial and error thing really.

Different things may work for different people as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have heard bio oil is supposed to be used for numerous skin problems like stretch marks, aging skin and scars. Might give it a try. One never knows what may work! It's all a trial and error thing really.

Different things may work for different people as well.
your are right, i too heard that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts