Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a problem that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have had red blotches on both of my cheeks since I was about 15. I am now 20 and I still have blotches on my cheeks, which destroys my self confidence. I have recently tried some different "redness reducing" creams and lotions, but I haven't noticed any amazing results except maybe a little bit on my left cheek.

Anyone have any lotion/moisturizer suggestions? Anything?

Attached is a picture of the right cheek. In real life the redness looks much redder than in the picture.

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all.. do not panic. just bear in mind you are not the first person in the world who has experienced this. Personally i have encountered worst moments. Red patches, black heads + whiteheads + severe acne + blotchscars.. yes all in 1 but life has still to go on. Just live life to the fullest and take good care of food intake. MY tip: lots of mineral water to the miracle. Results not seen overnight, but you can see the difference in a month.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It could even be a mild form a rosacea. This isn't bad either but it normally characterized by "a look of embarassment when you really aren't" which is kind of what it looks like to me.

If it is the case, a dermatologist can advise you on triggers etc. I am not saying that is definitely what it is, but if it something that flares up occassionally, it could be. Sometimes something simple like spicy food can cause blood vessels to become mildly irritated and cause a flare up.

A dermo could tell you what to do but don't let them give you antibiotics right away if it is, many do and it isnt always needed. Get more than one opinion.

Regardless make sure to wear sunscreen in that area, it is obviously irritated by something and the sun will only irritate it more. A moisterizing sunscreen might help protect it in the meantime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
#I gte red cheeks too.... but i have been told that it is all to do with how close the blodd vessels are to the skin. Nothing i can do about apparently. Appart from using a green cream. poo x

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you wear makeup try mineral makeup that contains zinc oxide - it's a natural anti-inflammatory that may help your skin. Try E45 cream or Sudocrem to reduce the irritation too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You may want to try a cream containing Vitamin K. This has the effect of closing the blood vessels near to the surface of the skin. It is very good for spider veins and broken blood vessels, so could reduce the redness on your cheeks, but you may have to apply it every day for a few weeks before you see a noticeable difference.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I am also prone to red, blotchy skin with areas of rough texture and dryness. I have often wondered if my skin would ever look and act normal. Anti-redness products frequently make my skin burn and get even more red.

Anyway, I read your post and wanted to share with you what has been working for me. It's the first method I have tried that has made a noticeable difference.

I exfoliate my skin with brown sugar every other day. Basically, I wet my face with water and rub brown sugar all over my face for about a minute. I also wash my face with facial soap prior to exfoliating.

Then I cover my face with Manuka honey and leave it on for 10 or 15 minutes. It's a special honey that has been shown to have anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory properties. Manuka honey products are being used in hospitals to treat skin and surgical wounds. It washes off quite easily, despite being so thick and sticky.

That's all I have doing lately other than using a facial sunblock during the day and a night cream at bedtime. The nightcream is called skin regenerating serum by Patricia Wexler. I like this one because it doesn't burn my skin.

I give credits for the improvements not to the expensive nightcream, but to the natural food products! Since using the brown sugar and manuka honey my skin has been less blotchy, less red, and all around more attractive.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Laser therapy is your best bet since those are dialated veins on the face. The laser will close the veins off and the blood will be absorbed through the skin and removed from the body.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The first thing you ought to do is consult a dermatologist, who can recommend treatment for rosacea: Rhinophyma
Rosacea. It is at least possible that using both oralChondromalacia patella
Deep venous thrombosis, iliofemoral
Dermatitis, perioral
Femoral hernia
Femoral nerve damage
Femoral nerve dysfunction
Forehead lift
Glucose tolerance test
Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
Oral anatomy
Oral cancer and topical (externalExternal incontinence devices) antibiotics for a time will mitigate your problem to some extent.

The second thing is for you to realize that your self-consciousness, while not unique or inappropriate (many peop,e with similar complexions share it) is out of proportion both to the severity of your condition, and the likelihood of treatment being able to help it. In other words, you are to at least some extent going to have to come to terms with livingAdvanced care directives with some or all of the rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Mastoiditis - redness and swelling behind ear
Rashes and flushing. Avoiding things which trigger rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes (alcoholAlcohol and diet
Alcoholism
Alcoholism - resources
Breath alcohol test
Delirium tremens
Fetal alcohol syndrome, caffeine, spices, heatBabies and heat rashes
Heat emergencies
Heat rash
Infant heat rash
Tenosynovitis) may help a bit, though obviously it's not possible or even desirable to avoid all of these all the time. If you were a woman, I would recommend green-tinted makeup, which blocks rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes, but in our culture men almost never agree to use this.

If your rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes is constraining your life to the extent you intimate, you ought to consider seeking counseling. Medical help is going to be able to go only so far.

well that is dr's opinion so if you understand it it might help you. Sorry for the bad format but I just copied and pasted it from my source. Hope I helped.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You may want to try a cream containing Vitamin K. This has the effect of closing the blood vessels near to the surface of the skin. It is very good for spider veins and broken blood vessels, so could reduce the redness on your cheeks, but you may have to apply it every day for a few weeks before you see a noticeable difference.
lookin good Jan!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
sometimes somthing as simple as an exfoliant works to. Try exfoderm
Exfoliation will not help Rosacea, and in fact, will make the condition worse with aggressive exfoliation. It's not a condition of the skin, but rather of the blood vessels under the skin.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to get rid of the redness use Emu Oil. If you want to really banish it there is a formula that i worked on some months ago and it was an emulsion of Emu Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Xanthum Gum, Hyaluronic acid and essentil oils. I am not near my notes to tell you the exact way to make this as I cannot remember what i used as an emulsifier or what essential oils i added, will post later if anyone is interested. Also if i remember that Allantoin can help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi there i have been checking out your web site...im in my middle fiftys and i have had broken capularies since i was in my late teen to early fiftys...
i seen the advice u gave about using vitamin k and i am going to try it thank you for your help and i will let you know how it works...thanks again janrose

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I have Rosacea and VERY SENSITIVE skin. I just want to say Freddy seems to have good advice most of the time. I did the laser route - I found the results very temporary, making it not worth the money.

My skin is too sensitive for Metrogel or Finacea (tried them both).

I'm currently trying Renovage (I purchased from a place with a money back guarantee, it is pricey and I wanted to be able to get a refund if it didn't work). I am happy with the results I'm getting.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Try something really gentle like Alotte Redness Reduction Cream (or their calming cream). Based on the aloe vera plant plus petides and vitamins, it is not harsh nor expensive. Testomonials for the product seem to indicate that it works. I've used some of the line's other products and they are very good quality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Getting lasered really helped my broken capillaries. Metrogel does not help the rosacea for me. I have an antibacterial RX cleanser containing sulpher which has really helped to control the oiliness. I also got a prescription antibiotic from my dentist for gum disease after a surgery. I read somewhere it is also good for the skin, so I've been using it instead of the finacea, mostly because I want to try one thing at a time. ALWAYS use a sunscreen. Eucerin products have been great.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I've heard good results from metrogel and cream since my friend (Scandanavian descent) has massive red cheeks and blotches- yeah, Rosacea! I've used Mario Badescu Control cream and Calma mask for major redness after using Retin A and the label and their website say its good for Rosacea too. Probably better off using an OTC product than a drug. Cost you less too.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
The first thing you ought to do is consult a dermatologist, who can recommend treatment for rosacea: Rhinophyma
Rosacea. It is at least possible that using both oralChondromalacia patella
Deep venous thrombosis, iliofemoral
Dermatitis, perioral
Femoral hernia
Femoral nerve damage
Femoral nerve dysfunction
Forehead lift
Glucose tolerance test
Herpes labialis (oral herpes simplex)
Oral anatomy
Oral cancer and topical (externalExternal incontinence devices) antibiotics for a time will mitigate your problem to some extent.

The second thing is for you to realize that your self-consciousness, while not unique or inappropriate (many peop,e with similar complexions share it) is out of proportion both to the severity of your condition, and the likelihood of treatment being able to help it. In other words, you are to at least some extent going to have to come to terms with livingAdvanced care directives with some or all of the rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes and flushing. Avoiding things which trigger rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes (alcoholAlcohol and diet
Alcoholism
Alcoholism - resources
Breath alcohol test
Delirium tremens
Fetal alcohol syndrome, caffeine, spices, heatBabies and heat rashes
Heat emergencies
Heat rash
Infant heat rash
Tenosynovitis) may help a bit, though obviously it's not possible or even desirable to avoid all of these all the time. If you were a woman, I would recommend green-tinted makeup, which blocks rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes, but in our culture men almost never agree to use this.

If your rednessEye redness
Fatigue
Rashes is constraining your life to the extent you intimate, you ought to consider seeking counseling. Medical help is going to be able to go only so far.

well that is dr's opinion so if you understand it it might help you. Sorry for the bad format but I just copied and pasted it from my source. Hope I helped.
???HUH??????

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts