Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!!!

I am new here, i am glad that we have a such site where we can discuss skin problems and get suggestions from each other to keep our skins healthier and beautiful.

so...Okay, I have an oily skin, which makes its seem more darker. I just reduced my tea. And have started eating more vegetables and fruits. But I want everyone's suggestions here..
What a want to achieve is to first 'reduce acne' from my skin and secondly to make my skin brighter. So any diet suggestions like fruits vegetables etc..??
And any products which will be good for solving these two problems???

Thankyou very much,
peace,
SilentKing

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hello everyone!!!

I am new here, i am glad that we have a such site where we can discuss skin problems and get suggestions from each other to keep our skins healthier and beautiful.

so...Okay, I have an oily skin, which makes its seem more darker. I just reduced my tea. And have started eating more vegetables and fruits. But I want everyone's suggestions here..
What a want to achieve is to first 'reduce acne' from my skin and secondly to make my skin brighter. So any diet suggestions like fruits vegetables etc..??

Thankyou very much,
peace,
SilentKing
Pomegranite is a really good start.

Welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi SilentKing, here is a list that includes some useful and healthy vitamins that help to maintain your skin acne-free:

Vitamin A: Present in several plants, this vitamin is found in many fruits and vegetables like carrots, apricots, spinach, kale parsley, watermelon, peas, cantaloupe, broccoli, etc. It is also found in beef liver and eggs. It aids to clear acne affected skin and heals blemishes, cuts and wounds.

Vitamin B complex: This vitamin is contained in all the leafy vegetables. You can also found it in fish, eggs, milk and grains.

Vitamin C: Contained in many vegetables, fruits, seeds, whole grains and beans, this vitamin has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant abilities which are useful for curing skin. Once healed this vitamin also prevents acne from returning back.

Vitamin E: Vitamin E is found in sunflower seeds, peanuts, wheat germ, almonds, broccoli and vegetable oils and is great for curing scar tissues and yields clear skin.

Hope this helps!
Charlotte T

·
Registered
17 Posts
Welcome to this forum!

Do not forget to drink a lot of water and to exercise. Acne can also be a consequence of stress ...

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sun can get rid of acne, but obviously try diet first. Exercise can help as long as you take in enough water. The exercise and sometimes the diet will often make skin worse before it makes it better if you are expelling a lot of locked in toxins, so make sure you shower or bathe a couple of times a day or directly after physical exercise.

Getting a good nights sleep can also work miracles.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hello everyone!!!

Thankyou very much,
peace,
SilentKing
Does tea make the skin darker and is it not good for acne suffering people??

I would love to hear some views as I have lots of acne and drink loads of tea. I want to find out if unknowingly I am doing damage to my skin

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Green tea is also good for your health, and it's predicted that those who drink it regularly have higher life expectancies.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Have you tried going to Clinique or Elizabeth Arden counter there products are not cheap but all made with dermatologists so worth while having a look at, think with clinque too if you have prob with there product they will refund your money to you not sure about elizabeth arden! Clinque moisture splurge for combo skin is great too, this also comes just for dry skin and Oily, check out reviews for it though! It took me ages to get stuff for my v dry skin but loads of water helps too and good diet

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Glycolic acid product seem to help clarify the skin.
Leaf and Rusher: home make some good ones that don't dry out the skin excessively.

If you live outside of USA, La Roche-Posay makes Effaclar which is great for acne prone skin.

I agree: Green tea is a great anti-oxidant! Omegas like Coromega fish oil supplements help the skin too.

**Eliminating dairy and meat from the diet helps.** They contain hormones which contribute to acne. Or buy hormone-free brands.

Hope this is some help to you and good luck!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts