Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about 6 months ago I got a cut or scratch of some sort and I started scratching it.Eventually it started getting worse so I tried to stop scraching and thought it would eventually go away.It has still not gone away and it actually wories me that it can't be fixed because it looks horrible.I want to know what exactly it is and what I can do to remove it.I can't really describe what it is that I have but I have a picture of it.It sort of looks like a bubble in a way.The pictures are attached.

Edit:It only lets me attach one picture.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Where? On your knuckle? It is hard to see much of anything noticable from your picture.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is located on my middle finger just above the knuckle.I don't know what that area is called but it is where you can bend your finger.I believe it might be called the joint.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi GioSH and welcome to the site, it looks like a blister, but if it was that I doupt you'd still have it. I think you should see a doctor. you never know and why take chances.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well right now I'm trying to put on neosporin with a bandage 3 times a day.I think I might have got an infection while scratching it.I was told it might be an open sore.Do you think that can fix it?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I'm not a doctor, but in my opinion NO! Get going to see a doctor, before it gets worse. the longer you wait the better chance of a worse infection.

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Well right now I'm trying to put on neosporin with a bandage 3 times a day.I think I might have got an infection while scratching it.I was told it might be an open sore.Do you think that can fix it?
My guess is if you have had this for 6 months now and it isn't healing on its own, you might want to have it looked at. Putting neosporin on it this late in the game, might not do you and good. Sorry-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It's kinda like a blister but no fluid comes out.Its just like a little bubble.It is pink and doesnt hurt at all.I just dont like it because it looks ugly.I attached another picture.So there's really no point in putting neopsporin and should I just go see a Dermatologist?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you have any idea what it is though? Are they gonna have to laser it off or is it gonna be as simple as applying a cream or lotion to it?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Do you have any idea what it is though? Are they gonna have to laser it off or is it gonna be as simple as applying a cream or lotion to it?
No fluid comes out, is it hard like a callous?

I don't want to freak you out or have you panic but.........I had a blister (what I thought was a blister) on my knuckle of my thumb. I kept trying to pop it, it kept coming back. I got a little bit of fluid out of it, but not much. I eventually went to the Dr. It turned out to be a staph infection!! It turned out to be a bigger ordeal than what I had thought. Lots of meds, lots of visits to the Dr. What happened was like you, I had a scratch on my thumb, and picked up the staph from the gym!!!

So, please go have it checked out. It truly isn't a big deal. What you do want a Dr to look at it.

Staph Infection - Cellulitis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Cellulitis

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
You can go to your regular Doctor. But get your butt in there soon!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I talked to a pharmacist at rite aid and she took a look at it and said that it looked and felt like a callous.She suggested putting some vasoline on it and it should heal within a month.Im going to try it.Is their any chance it will work??

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Well I talked to a pharmacist at rite aid and she took a look at it and said that it looked and felt like a callous.She suggested putting some vasoline on it and it should heal within a month.Im going to try it.Is their any chance it will work??
Hmmmmmm, not sure, let us know-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well im gonnna give it a try.I wont lose anything.I dont know if the person who looked at it was a Rph or a Pharmecy tech but we were picking up some medicine and then said we needed a consultation so she called someone else.Whats the difference between an Rph and Pharmacy tech?

·
Administrator
33,857 Posts
Rph=registared pharmacist.

Pharmacy technicians help licensed Pharmacists provide medication and other health care products to patients.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok well I have a dermatologist appointment on September 30th.Lately I have been worrying myself over what might happen.It would really help if you guys could tell me what might happen like the best case scenario or the worst case scenario.Is it possible that they could amputate my finger or something else that might change my life forever?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts