Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am the luckiest human being on earth to have stumbled on this website.
I am hoping someone will be able to advice me or point me in the right direction as I now feel I have genuinely run out of options and I am just at my wits end.
Long story short, I purchased green peeling oil from ebay about a year ago and ended up with really ugly hands. I contacted the seller to ask if there was anything I should be aware of because i had now developed a painfully and burning reaction which hsd left my hands really stiff and painful but I got no response back, I was blocked shortly afterwards and I read some feedback they recieved regarding their GPO and someone mentioned experiencing the same and that alcohol was possibly mixed with the GPO? I have continued to try so many things in trial and error to revert my hand to the closest point it was before the GPO episode. I have been to a dermatologist who offered me elocon but it didn't even scratch the surface. I have tried HQ at 4%, amlactin, retin a at 0.5, 0.1 and even a yellow oil peel out of desperation and I just feel like at this point I know I should stop all these trial and error treatments and just ask to see if there is anyone who has experienced similar. Please what helped and what didn't? Is there hope for me at all, will my hands heal or will they remain this way for the rest of my life? The nature of my job requires my hands to always be visible and it is causing me a lot of mental distress and embarrassment when people ask what happened, 9 out of 10 times out of genuine concern.
I would be grateful for any advice, please be kind. Thank you in advance 馃檹

Registered
That seller is disgusting, hopefully you reported him or her I hate people like that. As far clearing that up I recommend lactic acid, real African black soap, sweet almond oil and raw shea butter. I Suffered from something similar, I decided to use retin a mixed with cerave all over my body and I developed these sore rough irritated dark patches on A few areas on my body like my neck, stomach, forehead it was bad. I was using black soap by Shea moisture and it made it worse, so I bought organic African black soap from amazon aswell as raw Shea butter and sweet almond oil. I mixed the oil and Shea butter together with a hand mixer and I applied it every day after bathing with the black soap, cleared it right up and evened my skin. I would have used lactic acid but the wounds were too fresh so I skipped it, but being as tho it鈥檚 been over a year you鈥檙e a great candidate for it, lactic acid is an excellent exfoliater/brighter

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I really do appreciate your response. I did report the seller to eBay but they are still on ebay trading as normal.

I did purchase some palmers shea butter lotion but I will now also purchase the raw shea butter itself and almond oil. I will make a note to get the lactic acid as well and dedicate my days off work to use it. I am relieved to know there is hope for my hands. I am really grateful, thank you so much Dflawless 馃檹

Registered
Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. I really do appreciate your response. I did report the seller to eBay but they are still on ebay trading as normal.

I did purchase some palmers shea butter lotion but I will now also purchase the raw shea butter itself and almond oil. I will make a note to get the lactic acid as well and dedicate my days off work to use it. I am relieved to know there is hope for my hands. I am really grateful, thank you so much Dflawless 馃檹
when it comes to healing our skin it鈥檚 important that we use the most natural ingredients on the market. Companies like palmers and Shea moisture tend to cut corners and use synthetic materials which aren鈥檛 totally bad, it鈥檚 ok for nourishing but again we are healing so stick with organic and raw, your skin will thank you. Good luck dear, I hope your problem clears up soon

Registered
This is so awful 馃槩 I鈥檓 sorry this happened to you...because of how tight that skin is it looks like it could be scar tissue from the burn. I鈥檓 not sure if topical treatments will make much of a difference alone. Have you tried anything like microneedling to try and regenerate the collagen? Some people have seen some improvements on scars, pigmentation and stretch marks with such treatments. Cosmetic clinicians will probably be able to suggest the most effective resurfacing treatments 馃檪

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Dflawless, that's another angle to consider, better for me to stick to the organic and purely natural ones. I really do appreciate your support , I will start the course of the shea butter + almond oil as soon as they arrive.

Thank you Sugarshaz, I haven't tried microneedling. I was offerred Elocon but honestly that wasn't doing anything for me so just discarded it, I also tried Triluma which I bought online from am Indian pharmacy but not much changes.

I will ring my GP tomorrow and ask for a referral to a dermatologist again and I will also straight up ask if I can be referred for the microneedling procedure. I was beginning to consider redarkening in the hopes that it will all blend in and I can put this episode behind me but decided to post here first. Thank you both too for the suggestions and possible options I could try. I will now keep redarkening as a last option.
Thank you so much to you both again, I am truly grateful for your responses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts