Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
This is a cross post from the Acne section. I'm not sure where it goes.

Hello all,

I want to start by saying I know nothing about skincare. I never really have taken care of my skin the way I should. I'm the kind of guy that used bodywork to clean everything in the shower. I just wanted to give a bit of background on my ignorance to this subject!

With that being said, I'm a 27 year old male. For the most part, I have had decent skin (a few pimples here and there). Recently, everytime I go outside and sweat, no matter what I do I break out bad. My skin gets inflamed in specific areas on my face and I get tons of white pimples. A lot. I usually wash my face immediately after and it still happens! I have been using my wife's face cleanser (with sylacylic acid?? Probably spelled that wrong). Then when I get out I have been putting on a lotion due to how dry my face gets.

I have attached a few pictures of my face after I have popped the white heads. There are usually about 30 white heads on each side of my face. I'm not sure if I'm even supposed to do that. Any help would be appreciated. I would really like to work outside without the fear of my face completely changing and hurting for a week after.
Forehead Nose Cheek Eyelash Beard
Forehead Nose Face Cheek Skin
Nose Cheek Lip Eyelash Vision care

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your face is reacting to the cleanser your using, that's why its burning, and inflamed. Salicylic Acid is good for acne prone but but it's clear it isn't agreeing with your skin. Stop using it, be sure your moisturizing, use 100% pure jojoba oil as your moisturizer. Apply 1-2 drops on damp skin, that's all you'll need. As for a cleanser get a gentle cleanser CeraVe has a great one. Foaming Cleanser for Normal-to-Oily Skin | Gel Face Wash | CeraVe

Unfortunately, your bodywork, one and one product isn't the best product to use on your face, so stop that as well. ;)
The skin was inflamed and hurting before I ever washed it. It started that when the pimples started forming hours after the sun exposure and sweat. But I will try what you're suggesting. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well what ever your using its irritating your skin. When that happens, its telling you something.....stop using what your using. Time to find something different, look for gentle products, nothing harsh.
I appreciate your response. What has me confused is I used nothing beforehand. My skin had been fine. I never used any products. It wasn't until after the irritation had already started when I used the products. Before then it was literally just water and some bodywash. Sorry if I hadn't been more clear. But again, thank you for your response. I'll discontinue what I am using since it's not helping anyway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts