Skin Care Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
33,932 Posts
Your face is reacting to the cleanser your using, that's why its burning, and inflamed. Salicylic Acid is good for acne prone but but it's clear it isn't agreeing with your skin. Stop using it, be sure your moisturizing, use 100% pure jojoba oil as your moisturizer. Apply 1-2 drops on damp skin, that's all you'll need. As for a cleanser get a gentle cleanser CeraVe has a great one. Foaming Cleanser for Normal-to-Oily Skin | Gel Face Wash | CeraVe

Unfortunately, your bodywork, one and done product isn't the best product to use on your face, so stop that as well. ;)

·
Administrator
33,932 Posts
Well what ever your using its irritating your skin. When that happens, its telling you something.....stop using what your using. Time to find something different, look for gentle products, nothing harsh.

·
Administrator
33,932 Posts
I appreciate your response. What has me confused is I used nothing beforehand. My skin had been fine. I never used any products. It wasn't until after the irritation had already started when I used the products. Before then it was literally just water and some bodywash. Sorry if I hadn't been more clear. But again, thank you for your response. I'll discontinue what I am using since it's not helping anyway.
It could be anything, something you ate, a change in laundry soap, your pillow case, so many things could cause your skin to become irritated. Its pinning down exactly what it was, so it doesn't happen again. Thankfully for you, you said you don't use any products other then cleanser. Most use several products and when they have breakouts etc, the only way to find out what's causing it, is by product elimination. For you, its quite simple.

But I would still get a gentle cleanser and give your skin some TLC so things don't get worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts