Skin Care Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Hels,
I have not tried the copper peptides but have looked on the Skinbiology website in the past. Some forum members at Essential Day Spa ( a great do-it-yourself skincare website) swear by it for some skin conditions, although I don't know to what extent it has been used to treat poikiloderma successfully, if at all. I have heard the led lights are also good for rebuilding collagen and some members there have used it for sun damage to the neck and chest area. I have heard the obagi system works for some but I am hesitant to try it because I have heard it can be pretty harsh on some skin types.
I have not tried a mircofiber exfoliating cloth yet and that might be something I can try that might be milder than some of the other microderm/exfoliating systems out there.
I have to be careful because normally my skin maintains a flesh tone, it can be so sensitive and it's so thin ,I can spontaneously break out in little irritated rashes if I'm too harsh in the neck/chest area.
I, too, am confused about the whole stripping of a top layer or rebuilding the
dermis first. This is a condition that may take a multi-tiered approach and we may only see very small improvements but I am willing to try other methods if it has been met with some degree of success by others. Let me know what you come up with and I will do the same. Right now, I am just using the same product I use on my face for my rosacea (Cereve') to help build up the moisture barrier. I was going to start back on the Tretnoin but wanted to wait until I am through with a course of antibiotics that I am currently taking.
I agree, this is a difficult situation to deal with it and if I could have looked into the future and realized what harm tanning could have done to me, I never would have engaged in something so damaging to my skin.
Take care and I hope you find something out there that works for you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone had success with the 302 skincare line, particularly the 302 serum and their C Boost which is an oil based Vit C serum.

Thanks
Hels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Hels,

Thought I would let you know another member on a few different skin care forums had tried 302 for P of C and she had to abandon the treatment program. She just didn't get the results she was looking for. Personally, I have not tried it myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for that Hopefulone99,

Thanks for the info on the 302 line, as it is an expensive line to try. I am about to take the plunge and buy 2 AALS (Lightstims) as I did read on the Essential Day Spa Forum that a woman had success with treating rough texture (chicken skin) on her neck. Although without pics it's hard to determine if in fact her issues were as bad as POC. There is a special going through QVC this friday covering the launch of a new updated model of the lightstim (outercasing design). The lightstim now has FDA approval (web adress of thread - www dot essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29297&start=1825 - can't post link here as I am a new member. I was very close to purchasing a Timepeel Microderabrasion machine, however the supplier increased the price by $100 and I didn't go thru with the purchase because POC doesn't seem to me like something that can be blasted away. At the moment I am only using manual exfoliation with a microfibre cloth, Trentonin, copper peptides and a cream with niacinamide. Will see if the Lightstim does make a difference, as it is supposed to work well with copper peptides.

Thanks again for the info.
Hels

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hope that works for you Hels, have you been on your current routine for a while? You seeing any improvements? I am also on the Tretnoin, going for the long haul this time. I gave up a while ago due to irritation but it was summertime and I'm ready to try again now that it's close to winter.
I use that 2x per week and also purchased an AHA/BHA and lactic acid exfoliating wash and use that 3x per week. I am also on the look out for a good quality C serum, PCA has one that is 15% w/ Hyaluronic acid included. I also hear the peel pads w/ glycolic acid can help speed up cell turnover so I may incorporate that as well.
From what I have read, other than lasers and physician administered peels (which carry risks) these are really the only tried and true topicals to resurface and soften textural issues on skin and they really are the best for anti aging. I have heard good things about the copper peptides also. So far, I am not having any major adverse reactions and it my skin seems a little smoother but I'm only on week two.
I have heard about the Lightstims, read about the lady on ESD (I think her name was Kassy) who had good results but like you, I saw no photos. Like you said, she may not have P of C, or not a bad case of it anyway. I have not heard of the Timepeel microderm kit. I didn't find I had really good results the few times I had mircoderm and vibraderm treatments. I think topical exfoliation may wind up working better, like you said this condition isn't something that can be blasted away.
Well, good luck to you and I hope you find what works for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Hopefulone99,

I have been using cps since April 2010, am going slowly and have just received my order going up in strenght. I think I see very gradual changes however from what I have read it takes 2 years so I am giving cps 2 years along with retinol - which for me is "Retrieve" .05 strength.
I started with GHK (1st gen) on the eye area and regular CP Serum for face with BND for neck etc. Have just recieved Night Eyes Premier and Skin Signals and SuperCop so am slowly start to switch over to them.
I received my lightstims and along with them the company's collegen building serum for use with the lightstims. I have been using a little of the ghk (around eyes) and skin signals (face/neck/chest) then a little of the collegen building serum prior to AALS treatments.. it's been almost 1 week of nightly treatments. I feel my skin is softer definately and is subtly brighter/refreshed looking but am waiting for more visible results. After the AALS treatments I apply the trentonin (from what I have read some say - trentonin first then cps but other info suggest that you can use cps then trentonin .. my version of trentonin is a cream so I can't use it prior to an AALS treatment, I will see how this routine goes and adjust if needed, or perhaps try to get trentonin in a gel formulation instead of a cream although it is harsher on sensitive skin. No irritation with the current routine and things are not getting worse so I will continue.

For me, I think I have come to the decision that I will try these things for 2 years if I haven't made a significant difference, then I will try IPL or whatever is recommended in 2 years.

Good luck with your cps, and keep in touch.

Hels

21 - 26 of 26 Posts