Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i believe i have pock marks in my face in which i have squeezed too hard to get rid of pimples or blackheads that have ultimately created indentations in my face and holes. some are slightly larger than others and some are very visible and i would like to reduce them with natural remedy / some sort of cream or gel i dont really want to resort to those microdermbrasion things or the other one that uses a laser does anyone have any ideas or have been in my situation before? how did u handle / solve this problem? please and thank you very much =)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dont' squeeze any more. I would suggest you use a botanically based skincare product that is free of mineral oils and petroleum. These are very occlusive (they clog pores) and should be avoided. This is probably why you are having pimples. Wash your face with tepid water (not hot, not cold) morning and night with a PH correct cleanser, followed with a toner.
Best wishes,
SF

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think I'm having a similar problem. The only thing is I've never had acne and don't get many pimples either. I'm 18, male. These little divots are forming in my face seemingly at random. I watched one form in about a weeks time from just a little pore to a divot a little more than 1/16 of an inch in diameter. I'm noticing several more of these marks forming and I want to know if theres anything i can do to make this stop. I'd also like to know what these things are exactly because i don't remember there being pimples in the places these marks are showing up, therefore they cant be pock marks right? I have a mole on my cheek as well and the last thing i need is a bunch of little marks around it.

thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey,

I have a similar problem but I have brown and red marks on my face that I cannot get rid of. Right now im using Palmers fade mark cream. Do you have anything better?

Thanks

MQ

·
Registered
6 Posts
In reply to ferociousj if you dont remember pimples being there it might be something more serious like a disease. I would go to a dermatologist.

·
Registered
21 Posts
ferociousj,

I too think you should have this looked at more closely. You're 18, have not had acne.. or don't remember spots you've picked.

The tissues of your skin should be plump and very elastic. You should not have divots.

I'm not sure what the possible pathologies may be as I have not seen this in people of your age... It's probably nothing serious, BUT get it checked out.

Let us know how you go.

Cheers
Smokey

·
Registered
2 Posts
um, hey i have like a major amount of pock marks from the past three years of really bad acne, neglecting to keep my face clean, and picking at it. is there any way that i could make the scars less noticable or go away in a few years even? please answer!

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
um, hey i have like a major amount of pock marks from the past three years of really bad acne, neglecting to keep my face clean, and picking at it. is there any way that i could make the scars less noticable or go away in a few years even? please answer!
Stop picking at you pimples. Go into the ACNE site here -- there's tons of good suggestions there including skin care products. Your skin will eventually calm down maybe in your twenties but some people have this problem on and off all the time. I had deep scars from severe acne as a teenager -- finally went for dermabrasion -- it evened out some of my skin; the doctor suggested a second treatment which I didn't go for.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
It sounds like you need to stop the picking first and then work on how to minimize the scars. The dirtier your hands are, the greater the chance for infection, and once infected, the bigger the scars will be.

After all, scars result from damage caused by the bacteria eating away at your skin. That image is so repulsive that it may help you keep your hands off your face. Even "washed" hands are covered with bacteria - so washing them before you pick is not the answer.

Skin heals much better while it is young - so the longer this goes on, the worse the scaring will get. Speak to your doctor - he/she may know ways that have helped his/her other patients successfully "kick the habit." All the best to you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What you have described sounds like "ice-pick" scars, or acne excoriee. Once the pores natural shape has been compromised beyond it's limit, unfortunately there is not much you can do to diminish the appearance of these inverted acne scars from home. They can be temporarily tightened but not cured with topical creams, etc. I'm not sure if you will find of anything natural that will give you the dramatic results you're looking for. There are solutions out there though. Skin conditions like this can be treated with lasers and other hi-tech equipment, under the supervision of a dermatologist. It can be quite pricey and may require some down-time, but the results just may be worth it if it makes you happy and confident in your skin. I recommend simply keeping your skin thoroughly clean, as to prevent future breakouts that may tempt you to perform your own extractions and cause trauma to your skin, ending up with more of the same problem. NO PICKING!!!
Good luck.

Peace

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Another thing to keep in mind is that the scar won't be completely removed, hence the importance of preventing them in the first place.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Pock mark scars are a result of tissue damage done by a large, deep pimple. OTC products wont help much. A derm can recommend treatments to smooth the skin or fill the holes but there is no OTC cream that can work in that capacity. So important to prevent the pimples or heal them up as quicky as possible.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
That's not true. Unless you have some sort of jungle disease or something. The scars are caused by ruptured pores.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
That's not true. Unless you have some sort of jungle disease or something. The scars are caused by ruptured pores.
I will defer to Freddy regarding the cause of the acne scars themselves; I don't know enough about acne myself to know the primary cause of the scarring.

But since were we were talking about the consequences of picking those acne wounds (or whatever they are called), I was addressing the issue of the secondary infection that can result from the picking. In other words, besides the bacteria which are already causing the acne, you transmit the bacteria living on your skin/fingers into the broken skin - which can cause another infection and only make the matter worse.

I admit that I was probably not 100% accurate in my depiction of these bacteria "gnawing" away at the flesh. And I apologize for that. But let's face it, any of these bacteria invade us because we are animals and they want a place to live and eat. They release toxins which is probably what causes most of the tissue damage and resultant scarring.

I am sure that we can agree on the bottom line, though - don't pick!

·
Registered
18 Posts
For all you people who are asking about facial scars due to teenage acne, if the scarring is old it will not go away, but if you really want to see a dramatic improvement in the condition and surface of the skin,pores to look smaller, scar tissue more even, and redness to fade - tri Idealist by Estee Lauder - see the review I put under the thread about Idealist which someone else asked about.
I've been using it for nearly a week and wow its made more difference than years of microdermabrasion facials. Honestly I have been waking up the least few mornings not able to believe that its my face - it looks so much better!

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
412 Posts
For all you people who are asking about facial scars due to teenage acne, if the scarring is old it will not go away, but if you really want to see a dramatic improvement in the condition and surface of the skin,pores to look smaller, scar tissue more even, and redness to fade - tri Idealist by Estee Lauder - see the review I put under the thread about Idealist which someone else asked about.
I've been using it for nearly a week and wow its made more difference than years of microdermabrasion facials. Honestly I have been waking up the least few mornings not able to believe that its my face - it looks so much better!

Hope this helps.
Idealist is one of my favorite skin care products for the humid summer since its mattifying and makes my skin smooth and lessens the pores. LOVE IT. Smells good too. I wish it were cheaper.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah - glad you share my views ...I've been using it around 2 weeks now - I look and feel so much better, I am much more confident to go out without a face plastered with foundation - this is so much better cos in the summer melting makeup just makes skin look so bad.
I just posted on another thread that Istarted to notice the odd whitehead or white pimple after using Idealist, but they go away quick so its no big deal.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Serum on the problem aging, sagging, wrinkling areas and Idealist instead of my moisturizer. That's the best combo for me. I don't understand why Idealist is suppoed to be put under moisturizer because then you lose all the wonderful, textural qualities of the idealist !! I still plaster on the foundation. It just looks soo much better this way!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts