Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello~!

I've had great skin until now. I am 25 and for about 6 months, pockets of oil have be becoming more noticable. It isn't acne...at least I don't think so...and by that I mean that they don't ever 'pop' or errupt.

The pockets just stay under the skin.

I watched a makeover program and a woman had the same problem as me. She went to a dermatologist and the doctor cut open the pockets and squeezed the oil out. There was a term for it, but I didn't catch it then.

I am becoming aware of it more and more each day.

Does anyone else have this problem or know what it is called?

Thank you
Kim-

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi kim- sorry to hear you are having skin issues. Explain to me what they look like. Are they raised? Flat? Red? Are they hard or soft? Do they hurt?

What kind of products are you currently using?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi!!!

They don't hurt. They are raised and the same color as my skin. They don't itch and they feel like....small moles i guess i can compare it to.

I use a toner and moisturizer and makeup.

Should i take a photo??

Thank you so much for replying!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
You can take a picture if you want too, but don't have too.

What makes you think there is oil in them? Have you popped one before? They could very well be moles. It doesn't sound like you have problematic skin. Especially if you are 25 and this has happened in the last 6 months.

Do you ever exfoliate or use a gentle scrub? Depending on the skin type that you have, you can try exfoliating and see if you can get them to come to the surface. Or even warm a wash cloth and lay it on your face. Do this a couple of times and see what happens. If they don't come to the surface for you to be able to pop them, I don't know that they are filled with anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi~! Actually I was really bad and poked one with a clean needle and oil came out.

There are about 20 oily bumpy mole things on each cheek and it seems to be getting worse as time progresses.

My grandmother who is 85 also has this I believe, but hers are ALL over her face. I want to try and figure this out now so it doesn't EVER get as bad as my grandmas.

Any more suggestions?

kim-

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Oh that is really bad-
poke with a needle
I have done it too, just don't make a habit out of it!

Maybe you should make an appt with a dermatologist and have them take a good look at your skin. Especially if you say grandma has something simillar. It might be an easy fix for you.

I had cystic acne for YEARS. But these don't sound cystic at all. Cystic are large bumps that hurt REALLY bad. I have been on just about every antibiotic known to man kind. I have tried numerous products. Nothing helped. I ended up on Accutane, and have been clear ever since.

So there is hope for you, do not worry. Make an appt and see what they say. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I agree with Gymrat, I have nonactive cystic acnee. I say non active because so far I've been able to keep it at bay. But from what you are describing I would try to get to a dermatologist and see what they recommend. We could make a wild guess and say it's something and try to help you treat it, but actually aggrivate it.... Which is something we really don't want to (especially it being your face). Let us know how it works out for ya.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Possibly milia? I would have your derm look at them, you should be able to get a good regimen going from your derm's recommendations.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hurm...Milia looks closer to it, but not exacI'm not sure it is esactly it. Maybe it is a form of it?

Research says Milia looks like the white oil/dead skin is trapped in a round pocket on the surface of the skin.

Mind is def oil and it doesn't purtrude like the Milia photo's I saw and it isn't white..just normal skin color.

Thank you for all the help, but I will def. take it to my derm!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts