Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mum used ponds cold cream for years, when it was in white ceramic jars with a green lid. She has outstanding skin and is mistaken to be 10 to 15 years younger than she actually is. Unfortunately in Australia it has disappeared from the shelves. Does any one know if it's still available or what the closest thing to it may be nowdays?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey Kym!
Im from Australia too and haven't seen Ponds Cold Cream for years! Im not aware of any other product available that would be similiar. Maybe google it
) Had a great fragrance too from memory. Good Luck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, re ponds cream, I have been told that Dove cleansing cream is almost identical. I purchased some this morning and just the smell brought back childhood memories of our little bathroom!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My grandmother turned 90 this year and she has fabulous skin. She used Ponds and Astral....which is another blast from the past!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MY sister in law from the u.k. was put on to astral form her granny who had the softest skin. My sister in law has fab skin but was concerned to find astral is also being phased out.Quick stock up luck U.k. ladies!
One of the main ingredient in both of these creams is the much maligned miner oil....

·
Administrator
33,848 Posts
So forget all this time, money and energy wasted on finding the perfect cream, why don't we all just use the good ol' Ponds cold cream? It smells nice and the results were always good. I know they still sell it in my neck of the woods.

·
Registered
74 Posts
So forget all this time, money and energy wasted on finding the perfect cream, why don't we all just use the good ol' Ponds cold cream? It smells nice and the results were always good. I know they still sell it in my neck of the woods.
My Mum used Pond's from 1940's to 1990's and had nice soft skin. Would be interesting to know what was in it. I have an Auntie (in her 70's) who swears by Oil of Ulan but I found it was very runny. I will see if it is available in my area (in Oz).

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Funny.. I'm 48 on the 20th of August and I used Ponds nearly all of my life and I have not one single deep wrinkle and I (GASP) smoke and have for 20 years! I am trying my best to quit!!!!!! I have only in the past 2 years switched to serious** anti-aging skin products. Genetics? Ponds? Who knows? LOL Soap hardly EVER touched my skin; just Ponds and a mild toner! Maybe some L'Oreal products in my 30s.

·
Registered
529 Posts
im 22 on the 24th of august

and oil of ulan was renamed oil of olay.. marketing i guess..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sandia1, is that you in the photo? Are you really 48? If ponds is your secret, I'm sold! Wow.
Maybe, shock, our Mum's actually did know what they were on about?

·
Registered
2 Posts
My mum used ponds cold cream for years, when it was in white ceramic jars with a green lid. She has outstanding skin and is mistaken to be 10 to 15 years younger than she actually is. Unfortunately in Australia it has disappeared from the shelves. Does any one know if it's still available or what the closest thing to it may be nowdays?
My Mom and i also use Ponds Cold cream and believe me it is the one of the best creams. No side effects and proven results. I really love Ponds products.
You may need to look for it little more in deep in market to find it.Its not possible that ponds would never like to loose its happy customers that why their product will be there. May be little short at time for some reasons but not finished

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Sandia1, is that you in the photo? Are you really 48? If ponds is your secret, I'm sold! Wow.
Maybe, shock, our Mum's actually did know what they were on about?
That's me in the avatar- took that pic in March.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
That's me in the avatar- took that pic in March.
Thanks!
Hey Sandia, can pond cold cream be used to remove eye make-up also? I've never used this cleanser but after hearing so many good reviews abt this product , I would love to give it a go. By the way, you look really good for your age.

Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Kym,

Pond's Cold Cream is great. I use it a lot and buy it in the UK from Boots the Chemist. It should be available from Boots.com and is not expensive,

Best wishes,

redrose

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I have a cousin that is nearly 60 and has smoked all her life. She uses Ponds and I saw a recent pic of her and I had not seen her for 8 years all I can say is WOW! Hardly one line on her face. I always avoided Ponds due to the mineral oil but I must say for those who have used it for years there is something about it.........

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I have a cousin that is nearly 60 and has smoked all her life. She uses Ponds and I saw a recent pic of her and I had not seen her for 8 years all I can say is WOW! Hardly one line on her face. I always avoided Ponds due to the mineral oil but I must say for those who have used it for years there is something about it.........
Hmmm... that's y I am quite hesitant to use the cold cream as it contains mineral oil but on the other hand so many people rave abt it and it seems to have given most of its users good results...Dunno whether to try or not to try it??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Red Rose, although the cost of Ponds is inexpensive, when you add the shipping to Australia, it really adds up. I have found the original Ponds cold cream ingredients and am now looking at sourcing them and either going to a compound chemist to get it made, or...having a go at a do- it- yourself recipe.
There are lots of simple cold cream recipes out there when you begin to look.

If it doesn't work out I'll use it on my legs!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts