1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
sounds fishy (big image of a fancy package with very little cream in it...) rucinol, eh? PREVENTS the formation of melanin? Sounds like an ordinary tyrosinase inhibitor like HQ. The 'ol' ending makes me wonder if it contains a retinol agent. I'm going to check this 'miracle ingredient' out.

Just got back from Google Scholar where I've done a little reading about the active ingredient 'Rucinol'. Here's a brief link to an informative abstracthttp://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/articl...01A0419436.php

The ingredient, at a 3% concentration if I recall correctly, has potential. This is NOT to endorse the Whitisimo, just the rucinol. I did a brief search & it seems like the research has been done mostly on white skin & light Asian skin. Whether it has been proven effective on darker skins, I don't know. I'll see what I can find over the next few days.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Then again they could be using that ingredient to promote their product. Haven't come across information that states melanin formation is prevented, won't we be stark white? Rather, what I know is the action of the enzyme that synthesizes melanin is inhibited. There could be sparse traces of synthesis of melanin though, when a pigment reducing agent like HQ is used, but not a total wipe out. Then again just as you've noted Ondine. a small package indeed. They have taken their time to explain in diagrams and have made a comparison of rucinol with other lightening products but not HQ. $175 for 0.8 oz!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
i heard about this ingridient on skincare rx on the melasma forum...
some of the women tried it and said it didnt do anything...

ill try and post the reviews ....

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What a lot of $$$! Nurse24, I hope you can access this stuff for free.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmmmmm guess we should look more into this...before we go splurging our money on this

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'm not going to buy this stuff, myself. Too expensive & not enough info out there. Since I know for certain that the HQ & RA does work, why mess with a good thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts