Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby and I are thinking about having a child soon and I want to know if anyone has continued their skin whitening/lightening regimen while trying to get pregnant/expecting?
I am currently using Tonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Cream and it is working so well and lightened me so quickly it would pain me to stop.

The ingredients in the 10x Intense Skin Whitening Cream are: Purified Sea Water, Aloe vera juice, Sepiwhite MSH, Sepicalm VG, alpha arbutin, Sepigel, vegetable glycerin, vitamin E, lemon extract, lactic acid, citric acid, vitamin E, kojic acid, bearberry extract, natural fragrance

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
you can safely use this for lightening even during pregnancy, this doesnt contain any active ingredients that interfere with the development of a fetus. Btw I use fair and flawless 5xf intense lightening gel and it is the same as the tonique, same companies, it lightens quicky doesnt it
?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
80 Posts
WOW!!! i think the best person to ask is a pediatric doctor, thats the smarter move. it would be sad to continue using something that is harmful to your baby, not becasue its all natural means it will not harm. a fetus is develouping and any change or chemical inbalance can alter the process. Baby Doctors know best love, just my suggestion.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Little, hahah, i guess you did not see then one with me in pink, im struggling with weight, but thanks, now let me check out the other forums. put in my two cents...lol

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you can safely use this for lightening even during pregnancy, this doesnt contain any active ingredients that interfere with the development of a fetus. Btw I use fair and flawless 5xf intense lightening gel and it is the same as the tonique, same companies, it lightens quicky doesnt it
?
LNL at least I still have a little time left before we're officially trying LOL! I made sure to get it tested too just to make sure. I think everyone should have their skin creams tested if it is something they're going to be using consistently! I have heard some crazy stories about people putting things in cosmetics. I would just be mortified if I broke out again and my skin got all blotchy. My OB said it would be okay after I read the ingredients to her over the phone.

BTW I don't think the 2 companies are affiliated. There was some drama over on askmehelpdesk that Nikki practically bit my head off over and I wasn't sure why...until I googled it! It actually looks as if they're direct competition. (To me it sounded as if it was the 2 business owners that were fighting but, it was a pretty interesting read, drama always is! Lol)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WOW!!! i think the best person to ask is a pediatric doctor, thats the smarter move. it would be sad to continue using something that is harmful to your baby, not becasue its all natural means it will not harm. a fetus is develouping and any change or chemical inbalance can alter the process. Baby Doctors know best love, just my suggestion.
I am going to check with one just to be sure. Thanks for the suggestion.
Oh, I also think your eyes are beautiful
!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Using lightening chemicals while pregnant is obviously a bad idea. No research has been done it, so you would effectively be a guinea pig if you did this. Try and stick with natural alternatives until your pregnancy is over.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
KEISHAK, my question is::: if the Tonique 10x whitening cream is a direct competitor to F&F then that "10X" means 10% sepiwhite? and whats the consistency of the cream? does it absorb well without a greasy or oily residue?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I'd suggest asking yr OBGYN. Many of the newer lightening agents using the term 'natural' haven't been subjected to rigorous testing on expectant mothers to determine whether or not they affect either the mother or the fetus. Please be sure to check: it would be one heck of a risk to take. Also, find out how long B4 becoming pregnant you must cease using these agents in order to be certain that they're out of yr system. Better to be safe!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
KEISHAK, my question is::: if the Tonique 10x whitening cream is a direct competitor to F&F then that "10X" means 10% sepiwhite? and whats the consistency of the cream? does it absorb well without a greasy or oily residue?
LNL I am not sure what the concentration of sepiwhite is to be totally honest, but I know it isn't greasy at all which can be good and bad for us ladies. Sometimes cream with a little bit of oil helps our makeup adhere to the face better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd suggest asking yr OBGYN. Many of the newer lightening agents using the term 'natural' haven't been subjected to rigorous testing on expectant mothers to determine whether or not they affect either the mother or the fetus. Please be sure to check: it would be one heck of a risk to take. Also, find out how long B4 becoming pregnant you must cease using these agents in order to be certain that they're out of yr system. Better to be safe!
I asked my OB and when I read the ingredients to her she said that they are perfectly fine but, to check with her if I am going to start using something else and I mentioned Retin A and she said that I should discontinue using the Retin A.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
On the RA website they list it as contraindicated for pregnancy for sure. I'm glad you checked it out. Some people do not.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Using lightening chemicals while pregnant is obviously a bad idea. No research has been done it, so you would effectively be a guinea pig if you did this. Try and stick with natural alternatives until your pregnancy is over.
I will I don't want vanity to get in the way of a healthy child for sure. So, my OB says what I am using right now is fine except for the retin A and I am going to make sure to cut that out. My experience with the discoloration and marks on my face was so bad that I never wanted to go anywhere with my husband, or look anyone in the face while talking to them, or at one point even go to work. It got so bad I was thinking of going to a psychologist and requesting anti-depressants but, my hubby convinced that wasn't the way and said he didn't care how much it cost just find something that works for me. That man is a God send!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I want to get in one last peel, do you think that I can mix just retin A and lactic acid together without putting it into the Tonique or will it be too strong for my face?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Hi Keyshak are you still using theTonique 10x Intense Skin Whitening Cream? did you while you were pregnant? am planning on getting pregnant too and i would love to know. Thank you :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts