Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using prescription progesterone? What brand? How is it working for you as far as skin care goes?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
No I am not at the moment. check back in a few weeks, i might be- I am waiting on some results to come back on my levels.

Are you? If so do you like or dislike?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. I tried an OTC cream that didn't seem to have any effect on my skin. I wonder if something prescription strength might be better, so right now I'm just researching. Oddly, I can't even find brand names of progesterone cream/gel online that aren't OTC.

Has anyone used an OTC they would recommend?

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
No I have never used OTC of any kind of hormone replacement. How do you know this is what you need? Have you had your hormone levels checked? I would be afraid to use something OTC in case this is not what your body is lacking. Just my own two cents on this though-

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
No. I tried an OTC cream that didn't seem to have any effect on my skin. I wonder if something prescription strength might be better, so right now I'm just researching. Oddly, I can't even find brand names of progesterone cream/gel online that aren't OTC.

Has anyone used an OTC they would recommend?
Wait a minute Lucy....you are using this on your face for your complexion or as hormone replacement therapy? What brand are you using? Can you post a link?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not using anything right now - just researching based on info from smartskincare.com.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Oh, OK!
But did you read the last paragraph:

[quote smartskincare.com]"A prudent approach would be to wait till more studies are available before trying topical progesterone. However, when it comes to beauty, some people choose hope over prudence. Fortunately, if you give topical progesterone a try before definitive research is available, the damage, if any, is far more likely to be only to your wallet rather than your health. Whatever your attitude may be, talk to your gynecologist before trying any topical hormones."

Why not try some of the things that are proven instead of jumping into something that is not???

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,799 Posts
Wait a minute Lucy....you are using this on your face for your complexion or as hormone replacement therapy? What brand are you using? Can you post a link?
Oh I see!! Lucy and I are on different paths. Lol, I am talking about pregesterone for HRT, not for a skincare product!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts