Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you recommend for preventing undereye bags before you get them?

I've noticed some the women in my family have this tendency to undereye bagginess, so I may have a gentic predisposition to it and want to stop it before it starts. Presently, I use a peptide cream on my undereye area. I wondered what anyone else would recommend?

I suppose a diet low in sodium and high in anti oxidant fruits and veggies would help?

·
Registered
116 Posts
i,m sure under eye bags are inherited ,and not much you can do to avoid them.
i had eye bags bigger than a suitcase (yes all my family had),but i resorted to a plastic surgeon to get mine fixed.
PS/what i,m sure makes them worse,is the overuse of eye creams.!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think there is a lot of confusion between puffy eyes (swelling, fluid retention) and actual bags under the eyes that wont go away and do need removal by a plastic surgeon. No eye cream is gonna help either!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i,m sure under eye bags are inherited ,and not much you can do to avoid them.
i had eye bags bigger than a suitcase (yes all my family had),but i resorted to a plastic surgeon to get mine fixed.
PS/what i,m sure makes them worse,is the overuse of eye creams.!
I'm still young enough to prevent myself from faling to the heredity fate, so I'll give it everything I've got for sure. It's admirable that you tackled your under eye prblems with surgery, but I hope to be able to avoid the knife. That really would scare me.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The number one factor that caused my undereye bags is when I started going to bed late. I used to go to bed around 11pm, then for social reasons started going to bed around 2-3am. It didn't matter that I got enough sleep - going to bed that late caused dark circles and undereye bags within months!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts