Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site, and I don't know how to search for the answer, but here's are pictures to help describe my problem. I have little spots all over my back. I've been to several Dermatologists, but they act like they've never seen it before. My question is how to effectively lighten the hyperpigmented spots without having to do spot treatments on each and every one? Is there something that can lighten the spots without lightening my base skin tone?

·
Registered
670 Posts
That's virtually impossible. You're either going to have to lighten your skin tone OR do each separately.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have a question pearberry...

Do the spots have a "texture" to them or are the smooth and in the skin?

I have something similar on my thighs and I have seen this on others too usually on arms, legs, and near elbows.

If looks like the beginning of what they call "chicken skin" and exfoiliation (glycolic, lactic, malic) could work for you.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's hard to tell without being able to look at it in person but to me, it looks like you have blackheads on your back. It is a form of acne that can be treated with good exfoliation with salicylic acid. Your best route would be to get a salicylic chemical peel weekly or biweekly for a while. The salicylic can penetrate into the pore and sweep out those blackheads, but it does take time.

You can either go to a spa and get the peel done (which will be very expensive) or get your own salicylic peel (see below link) and have someone apply it for you.

Amazon.com: Salicylic Acid 20% Gel Peel, 100ml (Professional): Health & Personal Care

Btw, if your derm is acting like they've never seen it before and can't give you any ideas of how to get rid of it you need to get a new doctor. Doctor's should NEVER brush off a patient's concern.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It's hard to tell without seeing it in person. It they're blackheads, you should be able to feel a 'plug' when rubbing fingers along the skin. If they are just hair follicles, you will not feel any 'plug' or bump. Unfortunately if they're follicles there's nothing that can be done.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I saw a ps in 04 before a wedding. Had the whole enchilada: botox, rejuve, lasers. With one laser he actually removed some of my larger darker spots off face, arms, neck and hands. I can't recall which laser, tho. He used three different ones on me.
He zapped them and after a couple of days they scabbed and fell off! It was wonderful. Costly, yes. But wonderful. Is this something you have considered?
I think it's too large an area to do any type of chemical lightening. JMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts