Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have suffered from severe acne all of my life. I tried many many products and programs with minimal results. My new dermatologist recommended I use a new product made from honey and bee venom. Well I tried the product and within a few days I could see a noticeable change. And presently, about 3 1/2weeks later I am free and clear from any signs of acne. And it was very affortable (under 30 bucks) I hope this can help others as well, as you get me recommendation! If you would like to read about it and for the website about the honey based products, send me a private message as websites are not allowed on this forum and I want to respect that!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Raw manuka honey (made from the tea tree flowers in New Zealand) also has lots of anti-bacterial properties and enzymes and works wonders on acne. Honey is a great thing!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Raw manuka honey (made from the tea tree flowers in New Zealand) also has lots of anti-bacterial properties and enzymes and works wonders on acne. Honey is a great thing!
When I was "out and about" today I picked up some Manuka honey at the local health food store. None of the selections had an activity rating - so it makes you wonder, eh? But I had no other options and wanted to get something other than the cheapo stuff I was using from "Honest Eds" (a super discount store that is actually a landmark place here in Toronto). I am looking forward to doing a mask over the weekend. The weather is going to be rainy and dreary, so why not at least be pampered?

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
manukahoneyusa.com tells me that all manuka honey comes from NZ so is active. But then another site tells me that NOT all manuka has the active manuka factor....gah!

As long as it is RAW, it should be better than Honest Ed's!!! I love to eat it out of the jar - it has bits of something in it...beehivewax?.... or dead bees? Wtvr, it's good!

The blurb on the website states that it kills MRSA too. Just in case you have any of that lying aboot.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
The blurb on the website states that it kills MRSA too. Just in case you have any of that lying aboot.
Actually I do - not me personally, but friends who have been hospitalized for various reasons have picked it up along the way. Leave it to nature to achieve what modern medicine cannot!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Now that we've gone and hijacked yet another poor person's thread.....

Yep and in the fight between Man and Nature, who do you think will win in the end?

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Yep and in the fight between Man and Nature, who do you think will win in the end?
Both - only because they will finally be restored to their intended states at the end of time, in other words - redemption. Hey - you asked. And yes - this belongs in the "Off topic" forum. But a good thing to ponder since many religious traditions look forward to final restoration at this time of year, in particular.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Now that is something to ponder! You're already way ahead of me since I've been hunting down "gackt".....
Gackt - doesn't seem real to me. I hope that he is not the ideal that (some of) these guys are striving for. But that's just me, I don't get it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
LoriMac, I just registered on this forum so I could PM you for this info. Unfortunately, I need to have 15 posts already on the forum to be able to send a PM. I would love to get more info on this product for my daughter. She's 26 and very unhappy about her skin. No matter how many dermatologists she sees or how many products and skin care systems she tries, nothing works. This honey product would definitely be something I would like to buy for her.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I think the premise is that if it stresses the immune system it will relieve symptoms of inflammatory and auto-immune diseases like arthritis, lupus, etc.

I don't know what the bee venom product for acne is or how it helps, unless it relieves the inflammatory stage....but if it works for you, keep at it! I know manuka honey has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties tho.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have suffered from severe acne all of my life. I tried many many products and programs with minimal results. My new dermatologist recommended I use a new product made from honey and bee venom. Well I tried the product and within a few days I could see a noticeable change. And presently, about 3 1/2weeks later I am free and clear from any signs of acne. And it was very affortable (under 30 bucks) I hope this can help others as well, as you get me recommendation! If you would like to read about it and for the website about the honey based products, send me a private message as websites are not allowed on this forum and I want to respect that!
same exact post on a few other sites. altho, it may work...
i like natural stuffff

1 - 19 of 19 Posts