Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a product to fade and hopefully get rid of my age spots. I have got some of these spots on both my cheeks and I am very concerned about them. Can anyone please recommend me a cream or anything that they know is good for age spots and have anyone used a product which helped them get rid of their age spots successfully?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
Hi Pumi, Retin-A 0.05% and Hydroquinone 4% is successful at getting rid of age spots when used together in as little as 3 months. Many members are using it at the melasma/skin lightening department with success so far. Also try to get a European Sunblock such as La Roche Posay, Bioderma Photoderm Max, or Avene Emulsion.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Kojic acid, Arbutin, Mulberry and Scutellaria extracts are used for hyperpigmentation and age spots.
Sisley has a radiance serum, that is very effective against pigmentation issues, it even lightens freckles, it has form of retinol, various plant extracts and essential oils. I had a deluxe sample from them, and it's makes skin look insanely good and even toned, but I never got over the 500$ price tag. I also have a Lierac product called Anti-taches, that has some sort of AHA and some plant exacts, but it did nothing for me.
I think that Hydroquinone or AHA peel would be the most effective way of getting a clear skin. I would go for peel, I'm kinda scared of hydroquinone.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
For pretty quick results you could use a TCA peel. You don't have to do a complete face peel, just spot treat the area you are concerned with. You can order the sample size from MUAC and this would be plenty. I spot treated an area on my hand and LOVED the results. I ended up doing 2 layers of 18% TCA on both hands and one layer of 18% on my face. I am waiting for the peeling process to kick in.

Rayoflight-
Just curious what makes you afraid of the Hydroquinone?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I am another fan of TCA for freckles/age spots. Works FAST! No waiting months for RA to do it. It works great and for most spots they are gone on the first try. I had to do 18% TCA to finally get the job done

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I guess I will go for the TCA peel then. Where can I buy it from the Uk and it is suitable for sensitive skin? which % would you recommend? Should I use it all over my face or just on the spots?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Hey Pumi most of us get it from makeupartistchoice.com but I don't know for sure if they ship to the UK. I would go for the 18%, I think if you go lower you may be disappointed. For me I did the spot peel much for comfortable for me. Less down time to deal with

·
Registered
909 Posts
Yes, they do ship to the UK - I have placed several orders with MUAC and the service is excellent. They charge postage according to weight.

I also would also recommend using the 18% - you will get a better result.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, they do ship to the UK - I have placed several orders with MUAC and the service is excellent. They charge postage according to weight.

I also would also recommend using the 18% - you will get a better result.
Thanks Skiqueen. How should the peel be used? Is it daily or once every week??

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know of any effective creams or lotions that help with age spots apart from the TCA peel?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh no Pumi don't do TCA every day! You do it once then wait 3 weeks and if after you peel you still have spots you can do it again. The only other thing that seems to be working for me is RA and the TAZ creams. It is just a slower process. Here is a link you need
Chemical Peels, Chemical Peel, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Jessner, Lactic Acid Peels, Chemical Free Enzyme Peels, Pumpkin Peels
Thanks goatlady! I think I kinda scare you with the daily TCA peel suggestion! sowie!
I have never used a peel before you see. I appreciate your helpful replies.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Pumi, I think you have to take on board that if you use a peel, you do exactly that - peel. It is not for the faint hearted. I have used both the 12.5% and 18% on my face, but I only have spot peeled. I just can't go underground for a week or so, so I am not prepared to do my whole face. Both percentages have done the job - but you might have to repeat - like goatlady said, two or three weeks should do the trick. You have to wait until the healing process is over and then you can reapply.

I spot peeled my chin with the 18% 9 days ago, and I am now back to normal. This is a product to be respected.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pumi, I think you have to take on board that if you use a peel, you do exactly that - peel. It is not for the faint hearted. I have used both the 12.5% and 18% on my face, but I only have spot peeled. I just can't go underground for a week or so, so I am not prepared to do my whole face. Both percentages have done the job - but you might have to repeat - like goatlady said, two or three weeks should do the trick. You have to wait until the healing process is over and then you can reapply.

I spot peeled my chin with the 18% 9 days ago, and I am now back to normal. This is a product to be respected.
Thanks for your advice, skiqueen. I am thinking of doing the peel on my spots only and not the whole face. Guess I am not brave enough!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Use natural skin lighteners with Sepiwhite or MSM sulphur as well as a moisterizer with SPF 15 or greater. These work well.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Pumi if you have sensative skin I would not do a tca peel and try using retinol, I just go to the doctor to my prescription for micro retin at the mo, dont know how much it costs here in the uk though as I dont pay for me prescriptions.

These are where I get my peels from in the uk Mediderma Medi-spa Professional Chemical Peels or here Bravura London, Professional Products at realistic prices!

If you are gonna use peels I would stop using the vit c a serum a week in advance before doing a peel!

I am not a fan of aveeno or la roche posay creams as I find they irrate my skin, however after trying recently the aveeno spray 50 spf cream on me body and face whilst on holiday this did not irrate my face! Im not sure about using this long term incase it would clogg up pores on me face.

Whatever you use though use a good antioxidnat in your skincare routine to stop free radicals!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Pumi if you have sensative skin I would not do a tca peel and try using retinol, I just go to the doctor to my prescription for micro retin at the mo, dont know how much it costs here in the uk though as I dont pay for me prescriptions.

These are where I get my peels from in the uk Mediderma Medi-spa Professional Chemical Peels or here Bravura London, Professional Products at realistic prices!

If you are gonna use peels I would stop using the vit c a serum a week in advance before doing a peel!

I am not a fan of aveeno or la roche posay creams as I find they irrate my skin, however after trying recently the aveeno spray 50 spf cream on me body and face whilst on holiday this did not irrate my face! Im not sure about using this long term incase it would clogg up pores on me face.

Whatever you use though use a good antioxidnat in your skincare routine to stop free radicals!
Thanks, NY. Have you noticed any difference in your skin using your green cream or retin-A?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts