Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Can anyone please recommend me a good skin lightening cream/lotion/serum containing kojic acid that helps lighten acne scars, blemishes and age spots? I have been thinking of a TCA peel but then gave up on that idea as I have sensitive skin and would prefer using a cream or serum instead to lighten my acne scars and sun spots.

I have also heard a lot of good reviews on kojic acid and would prefer using a product containing this. Unfortunately, although I wear a sunscreen spf30, I still do get sun spots on my face which is very upsetting. Would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Pumi.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Hi pumi didn't I already tell you about the "La Roche Posay" mela-D serum, it works great on the old acnee scars. It has the kojic acid as well as glycolic acid for cell turnover rate. Or you can try the TCA peels.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi pumi didn't I already tell you about the "La Roche Posay" mela-D serum, it works great on the old acnee scars. It has the kojic acid as well as glycolic acid for cell turnover rate. Or you can try the TCA peels.
Hi Mony,

Thanks for helpful reply as always
Very much appreciated. The thing is I am quite confused as there seem to be many products from the La Roche posay mela -D range. I have seen the mela-d depigmentation day care on makeupalley and it didnt get good reviews. I was wondering which product are you using? Is it possible to tell me the exact name as I going to check for it in my local Boots today.

I am avoiding the peels at the moment as I have sensitive skin and can't go to work with my face all peeling and red.
I want to try some creams or serums first and if they don't work, then I will look into the peels.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Hi all,

Can anyone please recommend me a good skin lightening cream/lotion/serum containing kojic acid that helps lighten acne scars, blemishes and age spots? I have been thinking of a TCA peel but then gave up on that idea as I have sensitive skin and would prefer using a cream or serum instead to lighten my acne scars and sun spots.

I have also heard a lot of good reviews on kojic acid and would prefer using a product containing this. Unfortunately, although I wear a sunscreen spf30, I still do get sun spots on my face which is very upsetting. Would appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks in advance,
Pumi.
Hi Pumi-
This is the product that I used and had great results with.
SESDERMA KOJICOL PIGMENTATION TREATMENT PRODUCTS

If you don't try this, I would highly recommend trying a TCA peel, 15%-18% for great results.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Ok Pumi, the LaRoche Posay Mela -D is a serum- anti-dark spot concentrate. Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gymrat,
I am also in the same boat. I'm wanting to clear up acne scars, but cannot do a peel because I work everyday. I looked up the link you provided and it appears to be a skin lightener. Is this the same as skin bleaching? I'm not wanting to bleach my entire face to match the lightness of the scars, or is this the only way to rid the scarring. Sorry to sound stupid but I'm new to this. Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Gymrat,
I am also in the same boat. I'm wanting to clear up acne scars, but cannot do a peel because I work everyday. I looked up the link you provided and it appears to be a skin lightener. Is this the same as skin bleaching? I'm not wanting to bleach my entire face to match the lightness of the scars, or is this the only way to rid the scarring. Sorry to sound stupid but I'm new to this. Thanks for the help!
No this product is for lightening, nothing close to bleaching. No need to worry about that.

I applied it a night time only as it does have a brownish tint to it. It worked in evening out my skin tone. Obviously, some spots were harder than others to get rid of and that is where the TCA comes in handy. You can totally spot treat those areas without having to do your whole face.

An example is, I had a brown spot on my hand, I spot treated it a couple of times with TCA and it is now gone.

Anytime you are dealing with any kind of scarring, age spots, freckles, etc, it just takes time, patiences, and of course the right products to get rid of them. But there is hope-

·
Registered
222 Posts
I use TCA, BHA, AHA to fade my acne scars and spots, they are quite effective. Just applied TCA 30% yesterday using Q-tip as per instructions, ouch but wasn't too bad. Today my skin a little bit brownish.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No this product is for lightening, nothing close to bleaching. No need to worry about that.

I applied it a night time only as it does have a brownish tint to it. It worked in evening out my skin tone. Obviously, some spots were harder than others to get rid of and that is where the TCA comes in handy. You can totally spot treat those areas without having to do your whole face.

An example is, I had a brown spot on my hand, I spot treated it a couple of times with TCA and it is now gone.

Anytime you are dealing with any kind of scarring, age spots, freckles, etc, it just takes time, patiences, and of course the right products to get rid of them. But there is hope-
[/QUOTE

When I used to go tanning, my face looked horrible. I would tan nicely except for where the scarring is. They almost appeared white in color. You had put the TCA on a brown spot and it faded, what about putting it on those scarred areas that are already lighter than my olive skin tone? This is where I seem to be getting confused. Again, I apologize. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on a product that is used to lighten dark spots. Thanks again gymrat.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts

[/QUOTE

When I used to go tanning, my face looked horrible. I would tan nicely except for where the scarring is. They almost appeared white in color. You had put the TCA on a brown spot and it faded, what about putting it on those scarred areas that are already lighter than my olive skin tone? This is where I seem to be getting confused. Again, I apologize. I just don't want to spend a lot of money on a product that is used to lighten dark spots. Thanks again gymrat.
No this will not darken your scars. If they are white and the rest of your face is olive complextion.......this isn't the product you want to use. This product is to fade scars, etc.

I would do a high % of TCA and see if that helps even out your tone. You could go to MUAC and take a look at what they have to offer.

Chemical Peels, Chemical Peel, Glycolic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Jessner, Lactic Acid Peels, Chemical Free Enzyme Peels, Pumpkin Peels

·
Registered
11 Posts
No this will not darken your scars. If they are white and the rest of your face is olive complextion.......this isn't the product you want to use. This product is to fade scars, etc.

I would do a high % of TCA and see if that helps even out your tone. You could go to MUAC and take a look at what they have to offer.

QUOTE]

Once again, thank you for the recommendation!! Looks like this will be the route that I take for now. I will let you know how it goes!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had progress with Reviva Lab products. I think one of their products has kojic acid in it...but I forgot which.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've had progress with Reviva Lab products. I think one of their products has kojic acid in it...but I forgot which.
Thanks for your helpful input, 4eyes. Can you please let me know the name of the product you were using?

Cheers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts