Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, i am a newbie
i have been looking for a sulution to my pigmentation problem 4ever now! i recently went for laser pigment removal which i must say reduced the brown spots by 50% the problem is i want it to go away 100%. i have now ordered Meladerm, has anyone here heard of it and what is your verdict on the product?
Thank you

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Hi Clindeque and welcome to the forum. I used Meladerm for three months with some results. I would say I got a shade or two lighter (I'm caucasian with a sun damaged face), and my marks did fade perhaps 50%. It is a beautiful cream to use. It smells divine, made my skin lovely and smooth and there's absolutely no redness, peeling, etc. I may have gotten further results if I had used it for longer, but jumped on this forum and read about HQ/RA being much stronger. I am currently using this regime. If you want more information, have a read of 'From Lauren to Mariah'. Anyway, give the Meladerm a go, it make get rid of the last of your pigmentation, but if it doesn't do the job, then maybe think about doing what I'm doing, and what a lot of us are doing with fantastic results.

Good luck!

·
Registered
412 Posts
HI Clindeque...I just finished my bottle of Meladerm and although I saw results pretty recently, i still liked the product. Like Karenannev mentioned, theres no peeling and no irritation and i would have ordered another bottle had i not found this forum. So now im switching to HQ/RA to get something stronger/faster. =)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the replies! what exactly is HQ/RA and how does it work? is the results permanent? what are the side effects - short and long term

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
thanks for the replies! what exactly is HQ/RA and how does it work? is the results permanent? what are the side effects - short and long term
Clindeque, HQ is hydroquinone and RA is Retin-A (tretinoin). HQ works by inhibiting melanin production and RA acts as a very powerful exfoliant. The two work together synergistically to enhance each other's effects. HQ does not have any side effects, for me anyway, except lighter skin, but RA will produce a lot of peeling/flaking and redness. Don't let this put you off though. In many cases it is temporary, and there are many tips on here on how to keep it at bay. The peeling is a GOOD thing as you need to peel away all the old layers of hyperpigmented skin so that the new lighter HQ affected skin can come through. No skin lightening creams will have a permanent effect but your new colour can be mainained with much less frequent use. Have a read of the following link for a lot more information.

http://www.skincaretalk.com/skin-lig...hter-skin.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts