Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

i have psoriasis for 6 years on my ears on the upper cartalidge part where most get their ear pierced at. its a mild case like the most least threatening but the skin sheds alot and regenerates fastly. im wondering if retin a will cause psoriasis to move to my face- does anyone know if this could happen? also what about tca? could i use a 15% tca peel and not have to worry about psoriasis moving to my face?

thanks

·
Registered
958 Posts
Hi Lydia

My Brother has psoriasis but I really don't know about retinoids and TCA. I know there is a relation between smoking and psoriasis: smokers are affected by it harder and more often. Studies show omega 3 and extra vitamin D can help with the condition.

Since it is a type of condition where skin cell are produced in abundance and with redness and irritation in the affected area it's probably not ideal to treat it with TCA or retionid because they are suppose to stimulate cell turnover. Those who are affected with psoriasis have often problems with dry skin and it's not ideal for retinoid creams since it will dry skin even further.

It's very hard to give you any sound advice when it comes to your face and neck, which are not affected by the condition if I understand you correctly.

What problems do you want to target with the TCA?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts