Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of any good creams that are cheap to help with psoriasis. unfortunately i have had psoriasis all my life
anyone else want to share their stories?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Check out pure shea gold---sheaterraorganics.com---they are having a sale now; or unrefined, organic coconut oil ( the kind you can eat) and apple cider vinegar.

Hugs to you

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just joined the community as a result of searching for sources for a psoriasis cream I want to make.

I read this abstract at the NIH:
ncbi.nlm.nih DOT gov/pubmed/16148424
It's fairly technical but the gist is that three different well-designed studies found that berbeine is effective in helping poriasis.

Berberine is the active ingredient of golenseal, golden thread, barberry, oregon grape, etc. It is also a natural yellow dye.

This study:
pharmtech.findpharma DOT com/pharmtech/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=651080
Shows it is effective against staph aureus and yeast infections too!

It includes a formula for the best penetration and strongest effect which I would like to try to match and try.

It would be nice to change to all natural ingredients.

this is for 100 grams:
Berberine 10 grams
PEG-8 beeswax 10 grams
petroleum jelly 15 grams
liquid paraffin 6 grams
phenoxethanol 1 grm
menthol 12.5 grams
distilled water to come out with 100 grams of cream.

They don't talk about the process but i assume its just mixing very well.

I am trying to source the bererbine now.

·
Registered
679 Posts
actually i use muac rosehips and hibiscus scar cream. i know it is for scars but i tried it on my psoriasis and within a day i noticed that some of my smaller lesions were starting to fade. i have it on my lower back and that is so difficult to put the cream on that it only keeps it under control. but it works for me. i know it is a scar cream but what works i will keep using.

·
Registered
679 Posts
i get mine from makeup artists choice.com but i think someone pm'd me and told me that you can also get it cheaper at essentialwholesale.com.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts