Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Today i continue in my state of disbelief as day after day the tretinoin smooths my skin. The only thing that bothers me now are incedents, brief moments where long established brand loyalties raise their pretty heads and challenge my new "low-down" - "low-end" product regimen. Basically i miss the days of promise when opening a cupboard door and laying my eyes upon a tiny shiny bottle would thrill me - the new discovery - the hope of the future - the thing that would solve all my problems - the dreams that a pot of luxury product would hold.

So i was thinking what does it all mean? Surely its great skin that we are after - my 2 decade quest is over, my problem solved. Why then this periodic tug of war - a little battle between what seems to be good and evil?

I think now what we are really being sold is a state of mind, status, solutions, happiness, fragrance , the joy of great skin all just piggy backing on sumthing that is as mundane (truly shocking i know ) as keeping yourself clean and pretty.

As many of you are aware, our product loyalty is fickle to say the least - we change directions and product lines on a whim. We just cant get enuff of those promises - those exploding walls of water - those happy beautifull young people who look like they have fallen in love with life- the futuristic zen interiors - the monolithic tubes of serums - i have always wanted that elusive thing and sumbody worked it out long ago - they got me down.

I have moved passed the product intimedation strategy of high end and rebelled back into natural and organic low end earth friendly products. This way and that, nothing satisfying the high expectations the advert posing as a review was selling. What interests me now is that each move - each and every single one felt like a revolution - it was momentus and important - just as any new discovery. Except its not a new discovery - it was made in a factory after 2 weeks of product developement and 2 months of marketing strategy, and i was buying the marketing wholsale and along with it a product of sum sort. No money for the phone bill but no matter - tonite i open the fountain of youth. Suckered everytime - so exhausting - secretly that is the thing that probably ages you the most - skin care product turmoil and the financial complications that go with it.

What was the point again - oh yes - i will stay focused on the goal and pull myself towards myself - i will avoid advertising and stick to the miracle in a tube known as tretinoin - mmm - if only it came in cute packaging - if only it smelt good - "if only" is what high end products have left me with - poor show - poor show...

over and out x

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
I hear you! I was on this quest nearly 2 years constantly trying things. Researched it carefully. I knew I wanted the RA but before I found this forum I felt I would never be able to obtain it. I would have never went to a derm doc unless I feared skin cancer, just my way don't like doc visits. I have been using it 2 months and I can clearly see it is workin' for me. Oh the joy there is no way to explain it. I know I don't stop searching for something "new" but I think that is just human nature. We are always thinking "the grass has to be sweeter" on the other side. My goats do this. They have acres of pasture, grass as tall as they are, and I find them stuck in the fence eating what is on the other side. Animal nature also. You just want more........

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree!! I wanted RA for a lot time but because of where I live we have to be referred to a derm by our MD and it would take years to see him just for RA as he only comes up once a year!! I was so pleased when I found this forum and Allday. After using it for a couple of months I don't think I would want to stop using it as my skin as never looked better. The Vit C serum is awesome too and I am sure is a factor as well. I started making my own from Kassy's recipe and love it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts