Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I know compounding is really becoming popular now and is starting to catch on thanks to ondine, ninasky, and company's easy to make recipes. For those who can't purchase the HQ powder from the various photography site, here is the link to Garden Of Wisdom's Hydroquinone Powder for 15 bucks - Hydroquinone Powder / 1 oz. Garden of Wisdom is immensely popular among the people here, especially the veterans over there at the anti-aging department who use actives from them to make the vitamin C serum. I had no idea they sell HQ powder too but it looks like its powder not cystalline so they might have ground it up into fine particles for you to easily dissolve. Check it out

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are always on the ball LNL. This'll really assist many people here. I just got lucky with my HQ source. It was sheer dumb luck & her photolab is a 10 min drive away (I still prefer mail order bec I don't have to take my time & go schlep myself anywhere!). The antiaging people really do love this source so they must be reliable & sell quality products ar fair prices.

·
Registered
670 Posts
That gardenofwisdon place is the one I was speaking of when I mentioned I paid $14.99 for 1lb and they want more than that for an ounce! Um..NO!

I will see if I can find an additional site, again.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Oooo, I emailed some company before. I'll look through my e-mails and see if it's still there.

******REMEMBER TO E-MAIL THESE COMPANIES AND ASK FOR THEIR "PURITY PERCENTAGE" ....... BEFORE.......... YOU ORDER FROM "ANY" ONLINE COMPANY.*****

Example: I'm wondering if your Hydroquinone is 100% PURE crystals.

I bought mine locally.

·
Registered
670 Posts
For New Mixers:

I hope you mixers have your:

Goggles
Masks
Gloves
Thermometer
Heat-Proof Beaker
Gram Scale(If you want to, actually, weigh your product...Ebay)
Pot/Pan you will use ONLY for your mixture

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
For New Mixers:

I hope you mixers have your:

Goggles
Masks
Gloves
Thermometer
Heat-Proof Beaker
Gram Scale(If you want to, actually, weigh your product...Ebay)
Pot/Pan you will use ONLY for your mixture
Thankd Goddess.. this is such a BIG help!! i was trying to sift through and see if i could make a list of everything needed..

·
Registered
670 Posts
No prob!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks! You can never overemphasize safety!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Figured this out.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Deleted this one, too! LOL!

...Till later... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 - 17 of 17 Posts