Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Sorry I never heard of it, but maybe you should look it up on the net; see if you can find any reviews that might be more insightful. I don't see how a bar of soap can be good for your facial skin. That is more sensitive. But you never know look for reviews. Good luck!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
You could try makeupalley.com for reviews.
I know Dermatologists always have samples of it in their offices for eczema patients to bathe with. It's mild.

Skin | care | talk

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
My derm recommends using purpose or cetaphil cleanser. They also make purpose now in a liquid form. A lot easier than the bar if you are using it for your face cleanser.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I keep asking myself which is the best to use: a cleansing bar or face wash? which one is better? It is quite confusing

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I keep asking myself which is the best to use: a cleansing bar or face wash? which one is better? It is quite confusing
I think it is personal preference really Pumi. I think they both work the same. Finding a good one is more of a problem for me-

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think it is personal preference really Pumi. I think they both work the same. Finding a good one is more of a problem for me-
Thanks for ur reply, Gymrat.

Is cleansing bar more drying that liquid/cream face wash?

Everytime, I use soap, it makes my skin dry and flaky though i've got very oily skin.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for ur reply, Gymrat.

Is cleansing bar more drying that liquid/cream face wash?

Everytime, I use soap, it makes my skin dry and flaky though i've got very oily skin.
Your skin has whats called an acid mantle. It's your skin's natural barrier. The average pH balance for skin is 4.2-6.5. 7 is the neutral area for the pH scale. Anything lower than 7 is acidic, anything above 7 is alkaline. Soap is VERY alkaline, so when you wash your face with it, it ruins the pH balance and your acid mantle (aka skins natural barrier). Therefore, it's stripped of its natural oils and can and normally will just make your skin conditions worse.

This is c&p info, couldn't c&p the link, for some reason, computer being funny.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Thanks for ur reply, Maha. was very helpful.
Are face wash also very alkaline?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Good question Pumi! I use a scrub I make myself normaly but maybe twice a week I use Lancome gel .
Hi Mony,

Cn I ask how you make your home-made scrub?

I know many people here are using sugar and olive oil for scrub but my skin is sensitive, that is, y i use a very gentle exfoliante.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
What I use? Ok here goes,
I mix 1/3 cup powdered milk, 2 tablespoons green tea ( grind it in coffee grinder) 1tablespoon ground almonds and about 2 tablespoon coconut oil.
If your skin is sensitive I would hold back on the ground almonds

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
What I use? Ok here goes,
I mix 1/3 cup powdered milk, 2 tablespoons green tea ( grind it in coffee grinder) 1tablespoon ground almonds and about 2 tablespoon coconut oil.
If your skin is sensitive I would hold back on the ground almonds
thanks for the recipe, Mony. sounds good but I will skip the almonds like u told me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts