Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo having struggled with permatan on my face for YEARS, I no longer have this problem after quarantine.
I haven’t seen my family for 6 months and I got reunited with them yesterday. The difference in their skins in major too, and all of them have commented on how different my skin is.

Unfortunately, due to my job, I couldn’t do any face peels or anything major during quarantine because we were on zoom meetings 24/7, but not going out in the sun alone made a huge difference.

Sadly, we were called in back to the office yesterday, the fun is over and today was my first day back at work, and I armed myself with 10% zinc oxide sunscreen from Obagi, I know 10% is not enough, but my 25% zinc oxide sunscreen still hasn’t arrived.

anyways, my skin is already irritated from my commute to work this morning and afternoon. My melasma around my chin is also back from the dead :(

Sooo long story short, I am thinking of using Aerogel (the best type of thermal insulation in the market) to make protective clothing.

What do you guys think? Can Aerogel work to prevent my face from tanning again?

tldr; loved how quarantine (100% sun avoidance) changed my skin.I don’t think zinc oxide can work as good as I want, so I want to make protective clothing and a mask out of Aerogel. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Sunscreens like Burnout, Cotz, biossance have a good percentage of zinc to help melasma, also you can look into Heliocare supplement to help and wear a wide brimmed hat when outside.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sunscreens like Burnout, Cotz, biossance have a good percentage of zinc to help melasma, also you can look into Heliocare supplement to help and wear a wide brimmed hat when outside.
Thank you for your reply.

I believe zinc oxide is not for me unfortunately. I have used it for two days only, and my skin is already dry, flaky and my lips are chapped.

·
Registered
7,891 Posts
Thank you for your reply.

I believe zinc oxide is not for me unfortunately. I have used it for two days only, and my skin is already dry, flaky and my lips are chapped.
Use a moisturizer underneath the zinc oxide to combat dryness and make sure to remove it completely with an oil cleanser, massage the oil cleanser onto your dry skin at the end of the day and then wash it off with water, all the sunscreen will come off then follow up with moisturizer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Use a moisturizer underneath the zinc oxide to combat dryness and make sure to remove it completely with an oil cleanser, massage the oil cleanser onto your dry skin at the end of the day and then wash it off with water, all the sunscreen will come off then follow up with moisturizer.

thank you dear. It worked. But what do you think of using Aerogel blankets for the extra protection ?

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
thank you dear. It worked. But what do you think of using Aerogel blankets for the extra protection ?
If this is something you wish to try, go for it! Its not up to anyone else what they think......its your skin. Skincare is all about trial and error, you have to be willing to try things on your own in order to know if they will work for you or not.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It is the devil stopped exposing myself to the sun in 2016 and Lightened from NC 35 to NC 25 just with sun protection and nothing else

1 - 7 of 7 Posts