Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like I have some sort of problem when it comes to my right eye folding properly. I sleep 7-9 hours a day during school days and 11-14 hours on weekends and summer vacation. I've tried sleeping at a steady rate for a week, but it didn't help my current condition. About 90% of the time, my right eye has a flab of skin either not properly folded all the way, OR has a triple folded (In which I cannot tell and differ due to my lack of professionalism in this field).

As you can tell in this first picture, everything nearly normal next to the wrinkles on my right eye (left to your perspective) due to the folding problems (just slightly, can't really tell; which I am fine with).

http://i32.tinypic.com/ixseoj.jpg

Now here, when I try to stretch my eyes all the way open, or look even slightly upwards you can clearly tell the difference in my eye. I have people telling me it's lazy eye; but I doubt it is since I don't have any trouble with sight. Now here is the second picture. Again, the subject eye is my right, left to your perspective.

http://i32.tinypic.com/6hqibq.jpg

So my question is, what is this and how can I get this cured?
I have tried;
-Sleeping more
-Sleeping less

Also, this can be fixed temporarily by pushing the far right of my eyebrow of my right eye up, and to the top right and back down right again to get the fold under the proper skin layer, and cures it; making my eyes look perfectly fine and symmetrically identical; however, this only fixes it for one blink and once I've blinked again it's back to the same thing. Like said before, this occurs to me about 90% of the time and I am getting desperate to find a situation, it makes me look horrid.

-----
Then after I posted this out of desperateness at yahoo answers (the worst possible site to ask questions on; I know, but I was desperate.), I found out it was just an asymmetrical epicanthal fold, but it is very, very annoying and it makes me look like a serial killer having an eye like that.

The yahoo answer told me that the only solution was to get plastic surgery on my right eye and it stunned me. Knowing Yahoo! Answers are horrible for answers; I decided to come here where answers are more reliable. Is it true that the only thing I can do is get plastic surgery?

Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump - Please people; this question has been bothering me for a long, long time and it's been disrupting me every minute. Thanks in advanced once again.

·
Registered
679 Posts
lazy eye doesn't mean you can't see well. it is the muscles of your eye that cause lazy eye. have you been to an eye doctor. there are excercises you can do. has your eye always been this way. i have one eye smaller than the other. litterally. my doctor measured them. check in with an eye doctor. nothing to be afraid of and the doc can give you excercises to do with your eye.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Today seems to be the few days I get to have perfectly symmetrical eyes. I attempted sleeping for 11 hours and succeeded. Maybe it's a sleeping issue?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I doubt it's a sleeping issue. You don't need to sleep 11 hours to get symmetrical eyes.

Get the checked out by an optician.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does it effect me if I sleep the same hours a day but sleep at around 2:30-3:30AM and wake up 9-12 hours later as apposed to if I do the same sleep cycle starting at 10:00PM or something?

If so, what's the most healthiest time?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
No, there's no particular "healthy" time.

I work late and wake up around 11:00 a.m.

As long as you keep your cycle the same you should be ok.

For example;

A police officer that works nights for a week and days for another is not going to sleep well.

A person that has worked nights and sleeps during the day for weeks will be much better off.

However, as I stated earlier sleep isn't ur issue.

Your issue is either musculatory or from the nervous system.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I have this also on ONE eye and am getting it taken care of. It is an Asian issue. There are doctors that can actually remove the second fold of skin. It is called Asian double-eyelid surgery. It is covered by insurance if it is functional. I actually wrote or mentioned this in another thread. What makes Asian eyes look slanted is actually a simple fold of skin, sometimes (especially in Eurasians like in my case) one side is much more pronounced. In this instance they can remove or "release" the fold. I do not know where you are located but there is a great Chinese surgeon in NYC that does this. There is also one in LA "Dr. Meronk" reknowned for this.

PM me with any questions if you want more details or just write here and I will reply asap. I know exactly the issue.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
It seems like I have some sort of problem when it comes to my right eye folding properly. I sleep 7-9 hours a day during school days and 11-14 hours on weekends and summer vacation. I've tried sleeping at a steady rate for a week, but it didn't help my current condition. About 90% of the time, my right eye has a flab of skin either not properly folded all the way, OR has a triple folded (In which I cannot tell and differ due to my lack of professionalism in this field).

As you can tell in this first picture, everything nearly normal next to the wrinkles on my right eye (left to your perspective) due to the folding problems (just slightly, can't really tell; which I am fine with).

http://i32.tinypic.com/ixseoj.jpg

Now here, when I try to stretch my eyes all the way open, or look even slightly upwards you can clearly tell the difference in my eye. I have people telling me it's lazy eye; but I doubt it is since I don't have any trouble with sight. Now here is the second picture. Again, the subject eye is my right, left to your perspective.

http://i32.tinypic.com/6hqibq.jpg

So my question is, what is this and how can I get this cured?
I have tried;
-Sleeping more
-Sleeping less

Also, this can be fixed temporarily by pushing the far right of my eyebrow of my right eye up, and to the top right and back down right again to get the fold under the proper skin layer, and cures it; making my eyes look perfectly fine and symmetrically identical; however, this only fixes it for one blink and once I've blinked again it's back to the same thing. Like said before, this occurs to me about 90% of the time and I am getting desperate to find a situation, it makes me look horrid.

-----
Then after I posted this out of desperateness at yahoo answers (the worst possible site to ask questions on; I know, but I was desperate.), I found out it was just an asymmetrical epicanthal fold, but it is very, very annoying and it makes me look like a serial killer having an eye like that.

The yahoo answer told me that the only solution was to get plastic surgery on my right eye and it stunned me. Knowing Yahoo! Answers are horrible for answers; I decided to come here where answers are more reliable. Is it true that the only thing I can do is get plastic surgery?

Thanks in advanced.
I am having it done sometime this autumn! Yes the only thing you can do as far as I have found out and I have spent years looking into it. It is more common among Eurasians than 100% Asians but can happen to anyone even non-Asians--though very rarely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts