Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have white skin , but my skin turned dark due to being exposed to sun while I was swimming in the pool during Summer ( I used sun block which didn't protect me).Now I have the upper part of my legs which isn't exposed to sun really white, while all my body is dark.So please do you have any idea for me to return to my white skin colour like my upper legs colour and my inner hand/wrist white colour.Please Help.

P.S. Bleaching creams aren't recommended , so please tell me other solutions or any natural ingredients to use.

Thank You

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Retin-A 0.1% will greatly help you return to your original color. You can get a prescription for it from the doctor or buy it for $15 a tube by emailing [email protected] I recommend you use the Retin-A every other night and then the rest of the time alternate with the Skin Brightening Cream with Arbutin from skinactives website. This cream is all natural for gradual lightening, you have to give it time. Also, use an SUNBLOCK not sunscreen of spf 60 or so. Exfoliate the parts of your body you want to lighten with a scrub one or twice a week as it greatly helps peel away all the skin cells that are loose from the Retin-A. Drink plenty of water and take MSM 1000 mg pills twice daily. You should be back to your original even color with patience and this regimen.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I agree with the above, except for the pills part. Another thing I'd add is to try a TCA peel. Begin with the weaker strengths first (for ex. 12.5%) then work your way up. These really exfoliate away dead skin like crazy. Then, your lightening cream of choice will absorb better.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
LOL ondine, your post about the TCA peel just uncovered the meaning of my screename "LightenNLift", I used a TCA Blended peel with lightening ingredients like Kojic Acid, Mulberry Root, Licorice, Azelaic Acid, and Arbutin. The name of the peel was LightenNLift and its sold at amazon or its original website beautyscientificdotcom. It did exfoliate my skin like crazy and undid my dark summer tan. Btw, Ondine and other check out skin lightening peels and others they have at beautyscientific.com and tell me what you think about your first impressions. Thats the site I go to for my peel needs.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I was wondering about the name...THanks for the web address. I Will definitely go poke around. The TCA I used was the 18% from makeupartisischoicedotcom . Burns like 1000 angry hornets but it is worth it!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I just took a peek at their site. Their pruducts seem to have proven ingredients in them. I couldn't find the concentrations of each, which is important when choosing a product. They are going to be adding an ingredient library which I think is a great idea. Having them all in one place will make it easier to select the right ones. I'll have to visit them again & spend a little more time there.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
A series of Glycolic peels are also great for us dark skinned people. My color varies for some reason so I am never able to pinpoint an exact one, some days I will be a high yellow to pale yellow, some days I will be your color ondine, and other days ill be red/yellow or red/brown LOL. idk maybe it has something to do with diet or weather/humidity or something.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
IF you email them they will tell you the concentrations within a couple of business days but anyways, I use about 4 to 5 drops of the peel solutions in my paula's choice 2% BHA gel and use it topically as a lightener on alternating Retin-A days, it exhances the RA exfoliation.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Retin-A 0.1% will greatly help you return to your original color. You can get a prescription for it from the doctor or buy it for $15 a tube by emailing [email protected] I recommend you use the Retin-A every other night and then the rest of the time alternate with the Skin Brightening Cream with Arbutin from skinactives website. This cream is all natural for gradual lightening, you have to give it time. Also, use an SUNBLOCK not sunscreen of spf 60 or so. Exfoliate the parts of your body you want to lighten with a scrub one or twice a week as it greatly helps peel away all the skin cells that are loose from the Retin-A. Drink plenty of water and take MSM 1000 mg pills twice daily. You should be back to your original even color with patience and this regimen.
hmmmm what is the diffrence btween sunscreen and sun block?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
LOL ondine, your post about the TCA peel just uncovered the meaning of my screename "LightenNLift", I used a TCA Blended peel with lightening ingredients like Kojic Acid, Mulberry Root, Licorice, Azelaic Acid, and Arbutin. The name of the peel was LightenNLift and its sold at amazon or its original website beautyscientificdotcom. It did exfoliate my skin like crazy and undid my dark summer tan. Btw, Ondine and other check out skin lightening peels and others they have at beautyscientific.com and tell me what you think about your first impressions. Thats the site I go to for my peel needs.
I may try this peel. I bought maxi peel #3 Maxi-Peel Exfoliant (Tretinoin & Hydroquinone) by Splash from ebay but i havent tried it and im a little scared to.. Anyone have experience with it? i bought it in desperation before i found this site... not sure if its like the one above or not...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
A series of Glycolic peels are also great for us dark skinned people. My color varies for some reason so I am never able to pinpoint an exact one, some days I will be a high yellow to pale yellow, some days I will be your color ondine, and other days ill be red/yellow or red/brown LOL. idk maybe it has something to do with diet or weather/humidity or something.
my complexion varies too.. i tought it was all in my head.. how strange

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
The main difference is: sunscreen only protects against UVA and UVB, it does not however, block out all the damaging effects of the sun and it needs to be reapplied every two or three hours. Where sunblock, keeps out almost all of the sun’s harmful UVA and UVB rays, and it does not need to be reapplied as often. It also prevents you from getting darker.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
A friend of mine tried the Maxi peel for his acne, the first week his skin exfoliated like crazy, there was so much dead skin cells by the second week his skin settled and looked noticeably brighter and rosier by the 4th week it was like he went 2 to almost 3 shades lighter. He used the maxipeel # 3 which has the highest strength 0.1% Retin-A and 4% hydroquinone, left his skin in excellent shape after about a month of his constant nightly use but then once he stopped using it, he went back to his original color that same week and his acne came back

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The main difference is: sunscreen only protects against UVA and UVB, it does not however, block out all the damaging effects of the sun and it needs to be reapplied every two or three hours. Where sunblock, keeps out almost all of the sunâ€2122s harmful UVA and UVB rays, and it does not need to be reapplied as often. It also prevents you from getting darker.
Oh, i see. Ok, so sunblock it is. What type do you recommend?... i was planning on buying the spray kind tomorrow when i go to the store* i havent gotten my hq yet but im understanding the spf to go on 20 min after my hq/retin combo...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
A friend of mine tried the Maxi peel for his acne, the first week his skin exfoliated like crazy, there was so much dead skin cells by the second week his skin settled and looked noticeably brighter and rosier by the 4th week it was like he went 2 to almost 3 shades lighter. He used the maxipeel # 3 which has the highest strength 0.1% Retin-A and 4% hydroquinone, left his skin in excellent shape after about a month of his constant nightly use but then once he stopped using it, he went back to his original color that same week and his acne came back
Oh ok.. when you say peel, am i gonna be embarrassed in public type peeling? I have all three maxi peels.. 3,2,1.. because i couldnt buy it seperately...so i guess ill try it and see what happens. Thanks for your response

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
IF the summer made you dark, that means that you live in a place with more than 1 or two seasons. Why not just wait and naturally even out the skin with less sun exposure instead of wasting money and exposing yourself to chemicals?

I'm in the same boat, my arms are darker because of sun exposure, it's no biggie though because where I live it starts to get cooler in October and by November I'm a uniform color again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Beside all these , someone told me that turmeric can be used to return to my original colour ,is it right?

If I avoid being exposed to much sun,how much will I take to return to my original colour ?

·
Registered
139 Posts
IF the summer made you dark, that means that you live in a place with more than 1 or two seasons. Why not just wait and naturally even out the skin with less sun exposure instead of wasting money and exposing yourself to chemicals?

I'm in the same boat, my arms are darker because of sun exposure, it's no biggie though because where I live it starts to get cooler in October and by November I'm a uniform color again.

SWEET JESUS !!!!

freddy is that how you really look like ???

good god you are so fine

MMM MMM HONEY CHILD !!!!

whew lawwwwd you done made a sistah bout ta faint

i swear sometimes they should have skin lightening forums divided by gender

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
LOL mellowkat. I almost died laughing. You dared say aloud what we've ALL been thinking.
SERIOUS eye-candy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts