Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of brown spots on my face from the sun. I develop like 1-2 a year so I'm really trying to wear an SPF from now on to prevent more of them forming. I know they're pretty much impossible to remove because I've tried remedies and the spots just grow right back. After going to the dermatologist, I was told they couldn't even remove them because it would leave scars and even laser wouldn't work too well. They said it might remove some of them, but I really shouldn't even waste the time, money, and energy it would take to drive miles and miles to the nearest available laser office. They said to simply "live with them" because they're harmless.

I'd like to try a skin lightener product to try and fade them so you can hardly see them. From what I understand, every single one of these products contain hydroquinone 2% so that's what I got. There's a daytime and night-time cream...the daytime one containing an SPF15 to prevent and fade while the night one is just to fade them.

I'm wondering if anyone here has ever used these skin lightener products. Do you have to apply these creams to your entire face or just the spots? I'm wondering this because wouldn't certain spots on your face be lighter than others? And then if you applied the cream to your entire face...then wouldn't your face be lighter than your neck? That would look very strange I think. Because my spots are so small, it'd be very hard to just get the cream on the actual dark dots and avoid healthy skin...next to impossible. And anyway, the daytime cream that contains the SPF I guess you'd have to apply to your entire face? This whole situation confuses me.

Any help from other people that used these skin lightening products is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much for your time.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have melasma which leaves patches of brown spots on my skin. But I apply my cream on the entire face. I dont think you have to apply it exactly on the spot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
try Kojic acid products. I used to have acne scars and it's really my major problem but since i used that it removes my acne scars.It brought back my self confidence.

Also try to go to the thread on this forum...Get Glowing Skin and Skin Whitening Tips .I gave my skin regimen there and my SECRET also the website where I bought my product. I actually just posted a testimonial on that wbesite after using it for 2.5months now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts