Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I workout a lot and I am now doing some shadow-boxing holding hand-weights. I have only been doing this in addition to my rebounding, yoga (ashtanga) and my other normal activities (I do a lot of active things) for about two weeks. This said, I was just noticing I have some serious muscles developing (upper arms especially). Biceps, trapezoid and lats all seem to have really bulked up from this.

I am NOT looking like Madonna though I do have equal bulk now (just a lot more padding around the muscle as I am a lot younger). I wonder at what point does it look completely unappealing? I mean you would definitely say I was muscular but I do not think I am more than perhaps very toned/defined. I definitely have muscles but I have pretty slim arms so they are noticeable but not like vein-popping bluging. I also have, naturally broad shoulders.

I am not really looking for approval or disapproval more interested to know what the average male opinion is (as well as female) on well-trained women?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It depend on many factors. I personally am not a big fan of really lean women with 6 pack abs and angular jawlines. But there are exeptions. One exeption that comes to mind is Cathe Friedrich
While she is really lean and pretty muscular, those legs and great face and....well I better stop.

Cathe Friedrich - Workout, Fitness, Exercise Videos and DVDs|
My arms are not as muscular as that yet where the veins are popping out all the way up. I have only lower arms/hands' veins bulging. I do have similar musculature though but my face and neck are not as affected. I also have a 4 pack--the last two does not want to go!

It is so hard to tell on yourself as so many of us are a bit body-dysmorphic that we do not know when we are too thin, too buff etc.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Freddy--very true! It does make me feel good until a friend recently compared me to Madonna. I certainly do not think it is that bad and like you say I should not care--I am healthier for it and it does make me feel good to workout.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Sometimes people say things like that because they are jealous or unsure of themselves so they'll try to compare you to an extreme in a sort of candid way of insulting you.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sometimes people say things like that because they are jealous or unsure of themselves so they'll try to compare you to an extreme in a sort of candid way of insulting you.
So true! The friend who said that actually has never done more than walk up a flight of stairs and is breathed doing that. You are so right!

·
Registered
16 Posts
i think is nice when a woman has a lill defenition but not like bodybuilder. 4pack+cut arms+nice back = strong woman. my opinion thats hot, keep it up.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Lexi, I truly believe a man would be more attracted to a "fit" looking woman than one that has no frame (2x4). Besides a woman whom is fit is more certain of herself and that exudes (sexiness) Any man with a brain would want that. That is the nature of attraction.

·
Registered
529 Posts
isnt there some scientific theory about men looking for ladies with bigger hips because they can bare more kids..

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Not quite Kamakaze, but close men instinctly look for women whom are fit and fiddle to bear children... You know healthy women, not a twig that can snap.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Wife for family, girlfriend for fun the best of both worlds. Have your cake with icing then eat it to what more could a guy ask for?

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I hope I didn't offend anybody, but history has shown that men are more attracted to the healthier looking women not the sickly looking. I think Women are the same, the good looking is more appealing than the feable looking. But then if take the time to get to know them both, well then the feable may sway you. This is all about first looks right?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts