1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Freddy,

I have two questions for you:

1. Do you speak French?

2. What is your workout routine? I know you posted your routine on another thread, but I can't seem to find it. You are in great shape.

--VT

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is your blog on SCT or on another site?

I'm curious because although I'm loosing weight, I think I may be doing something wrong. I do an hour of aeoribics every day. And I stretch before and after exercising. However, I read somewhere that, in order to loose weight and be good to my body, I really should only be exercising three times a week. So that my muscles can heal in between. And that I should always incorporate some weights in it. Basically, they said that aeorbics is not enough.

Since you're a professional trainer, I was wanting to check that with you. Btw, how do you get certified to be a trainer? Is it difficult?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It's not particularily hard to get certified. This means that looking for a personal trainer is a job that's not easy. Personal training certification will give someone the basics necessary to train a client. However, things like getting ready for a competition and getting to higher levels of fitness is something that isn't learned in a book and comes from experience. Personally, I'd get someone that is certified with experience to back it up. If you miss one of those elements, then you're playing with fire.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
As for your training.

Cardio is good, it is not necessary more than a few times a week. However, that depends of course, on what you are trying to do. If you're trying to lose weight then you need to do interval training. The reason you want to add weights is to gain muscle. During normal functions of the day your new muscle will consume calories thus helping you lose weight. You needn't worry about looking like a man because you don't have the testosterone a man has. Also since muscle is nine times more dense then fat, a few pounds of muscle won't make you look big, and you'll be able to lose more fat during the process.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, and how did you learn French? I think you said that you learned it in school.

·
Administrator
33,771 Posts
Freddy, I have a question for you- what are your thoughts on creatine?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Creatine has it's place in proper supplementation, but a solid nutritional program is more critical. If your diet is up to standards then other supplements such as the creatine you mention will help in the gym. In other words, it should be used as a supplement and not as a crutch to make up for bad training or bad nutrition. Stay away from creatine monohydrate though, that's the old school stuff that bloats you.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So Fred, what would you say is an ideal weekly workout for someone who's trying to loose about 60 pounds?

3 days of strength training? 3 days of cardio aerobics? And one day of rest?

Does that sound good?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks mariepop. But I've wanted to loose 60 lbs even before I ever met fred.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yes, VT's inspiration comes from within. It doesn't matter what people around you do, or want you to do, it ultimately is up to you.

If you do your workouts, you can do them 3 days a week followed up by cardio right after each one. So that's just three days a week in the gym and 4 days off per week. (Workout on the weekends, less people in the gym).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It was my first 12 km on Saturday and 18 km on Sunday and my derriere bones hurt, always the same for the first few ones! I couldn't wait for milder weither! Sunday was sooo windy. I was about to cross Champlain bridge and aiming for Britania, but I had to turn back, the bike path still has snow, I wouldn't take the parkway, I'm too chicken!

Life is like riding a bike.... to stay balanced you've got to keep moving. -Albert Einstein

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks Freddy. Btw, you're very funny fred. You make me laugh.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts