Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to notice after 3 months of using RA that I may be getting some thin areas on my face especially under my eyes. For the first time I can see a vein under my eye I never noticed before and now it is very noticeable. Is this what is going on or is it the 47 years of dead layers are now coming off and I can just see it?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I am very interested in this too I have the exact same thing Goat, it is a very small bluish line line under my eye ( off to the right side a tad) I didn't even think about it being a vein, but yep, now that I read your post that's what it is! Damn...........I wonder if massage or Premarin cream would thicken up the skin. Isn't it Premarin that is supposed to thicken? I can never remember what does what with all this stuff . LOL

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Goat and Deb, I am not really sure what the deal is but I do know that Retin-A doesn't cure everything. Maybe the subcutaneous fat is thinning under the eyes. Exercise and massage have helped thicken that area for me. What I do is pinch and roll the tissue with my fingers under the eyes. Then tap and massage it. It sounds skeery, but I figured "what do I have to lose?" so I bit the bullet and did it. It worked for me. You have to do it faithfully tho and it doesn't work overnite. hth

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
If im not getting this wrong then if is possible that the skin can get too skin, is it a good idea then that I stop using the vit c serum and retinolds both on the same day and may be try to alternate my products, I already have thin skin (due to unfortunatly being on steroid medication) and am already trying not to over exfoliate my face!

I do agree with fawnie facial excersises are all a bonus, its just finding the time to do them for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have that vein under my eye too but I had it before I started using RA. I notice it others probably don't though. With me I think it is just my skin is getting thin from age. Not that I am all that old but thin skin runs in my family.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks fawnie, see I did the eye massage before that you are talking about but I got chicken when things started looking worse. I imagine from what I have been reading I just needed to work through that stage. I will pick it up again after all my skin has peeled away. My vein or tiny line that has cropped up is just that very tiny, thank goodness. Who knows why it popped up

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am starting to notice after 3 months of using RA that I may be getting some thin areas on my face especially under my eyes. For the first time I can see a vein under my eye I never noticed before and now it is very noticeable. Is this what is going on or is it the 47 years of dead layers are now coming off and I can just see it?
What are the other products you are using in your regiment?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Look at my sig line kanderson it has it all.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nope not the TCA don't even get close to my eyes with that stuff. I use Xtend-life right now for a moisturizer and gentle cleansers.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I see... it doesnt mention a cleanser or moisturizer..... the TCA peels could be the culprit- depending on how often you're doing them.
Great....
( as my under eye creases are all brown and crusty ) I am trying to think if I saw this line before I did my first peel and I don't think I did but I also don't think I got that close to my eyes the first time. I will pay more attention after I clear up this time to see if I see any new ones

Okay, goat..Phew...I saw your post after I posted so looks like we are okay on the TCA. I wonder if it could be a small bruise? Mine is the right color for that. Stevia? Maybe while it is real dry and we blink it pulled the skin?

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I have stopped putting any retinol now now near my under eye area due to getting more lines than necessary for a girl of my age, now I use differin on eye are and are having no problems as of yet!

Deb from what I know of facial excersises with some people the skin can get worse before it gets better, but yes sometimes it is just something we have to work through, but if you manage to do them every day you should see improvement!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks IluvNY, I did do FE for a good year or so. Then I stopped as I saw things starting that scared the crap out of me (lol). Then after a bit, I picked up ageless and did that for awhile. Now I have a few from each that I do several times a week, but I have been staying away from my eyes. I might start with at least the massage again.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I'm not saying that the Retin-A or Vit C thinned the skin. Altho it does thin the epidermis (the horny outer layer), and thickens the dermis (where the wrinkles live). It may just be ageing that thinned the undereye skin - we do lose subq fat in the face as we age.

Some ppl are reluctant to put Retin-A in that tender area, but I use it there too, as well as on the lips as Peri suggested. You're right ashes it does stimulate collagen production, but not fat production. Facial massage can thicken the skin to make the area more full looking.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
713 Posts
Okay goat I just picked up a mirror and I still have the same blue vien I've always had. I have used RA for more than 2 years.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Overall I am totally happy with my results but I just have never seen the vein before. I know my eyes aren't better tee hee. The lines under my eyes are much less noticeable and I will take the vein over the wrinkles any day, I can conceal that.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Im just wondering then for myself cause I have the whole dry skin issue going on and bearing in mind that I am only 30, Is it worth me using the vit c serum again every morning on my face, or even using this every other day?

I feel a lot better now Im going back to alternating my retinold products to every other night, but dont want to over exfoliate my face, as I said before I get a lot of flaking every 3 days or so just from using retinolds alone??

Yes I can see I have seen improvements in my face for example all the little pimples I have had from wearing a fringe (that I still do but my face feels weird without a fringe, thats a whole different topic anyway) have gone and I think my fine crow feet eye lines have almost gone, then again I have said that before and they have come back!

Anyway Im just looking for second opinions pls, thanks.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Goat and Deb, I am not really sure what the deal is but I do know that Retin-A doesn't cure everything. Maybe the subcutaneous fat is thinning under the eyes. Exercise and massage have helped thicken that area for me. What I do is pinch and roll the tissue with my fingers under the eyes. Then tap and massage it. It sounds skeery, but I figured "what do I have to lose?" so I bit the bullet and did it. It worked for me. You have to do it faithfully tho and it doesn't work overnite. hth
Fawnie, I always heard that you were not supposed to pull at the tissue around the eye area? This particular excersise does sound a little scarry! I went on the link you posted, about these facial excersises, do you have to purchase the program or what? Is there any way you could post a few excersises here? I read the one you posted about the chin and the eyelid, but Im not sure if I am doing them right. It seems like I have noticed my little double chin seems to be getting bigger after about a week and a half of doing them. Im just not sure if I am doing them right.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts