Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how often do you need to apply sunscreen if you are using the hydroquinone/ retin a method?

I put on a quarter size on my face in the morning and thats it if i am going out my normal daily routines (going to work, in the office, running errands i.e not in the sun for a prolonged period of time

I have read on various sources on the net that you need to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours no matter what even if you are not directly in the sun for long periods of time...personally i think that this is going overboard and is too much..

I have found that if I reapply the sunscreen more than once then my face becomes oily/greasy so i just put it once in the morning

Any comments/suggestions/advice on this? Is one time in the morning enough for a normal routine day? whats everybody's sunscreen routine?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
I think you might have to find what works for you since everyone's skin is unique. I never put myself in situations that entail prolongued sun exposure. It is just not smart regardless of whether you are trying to lighten or not. I apply it 20 mins before going outdoors. I have a sheer cotton long sleeved top that looks great over most any outfit. It further reduces my sun exposure. So far,this has worked for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts