Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was recently reading some posts (ageless if you dare forum) and I have read quite a few posts from women complaining that they actually look worse after the exercises. One woman in particular posted her before and after pictures...she was upset because her after pic's looked worse than her before pictures. In all honesty her wrinkles were def. more pronounced. Does it get worse before it gets better???? I would of posted her picture, but I wasn't sure if I should do that.....I know many of you do this program, (Fawnie I would love to hear your thoughts on this) please feel free to post any info on this topic....Thank you in advance.....

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Mom
I'm really happy that you are interested in exercise and massage for your face! Yes I read those comments on the Ageless Forum too. It seems that the poster said she had been using the "Flex-Away" device (which is not related to the Ageless program) and it was agreed that it was that device that had overbuilt certain muscles. It can also happen with any exercise program.

Yes, you are absolutely right: it is a phase that some ppl go thru, not all. There are certain movements to do to help get thru that phase and everyone can help with that if it happens. It happened to me and I am getting thru it. I've been exercising since July 08 and still go thru phases, but I can tell you I still am glad I am doing it.

"More wrinkles than before" is also a stage. The underlying musculature of the face is toning up faster than the skin. It takes time. Massage helps with that too. I use Retin-A and vit c serum and sunscreen and take supplements out the wazoo which also help with skin tightness.

I always tell myself "Keep your eyes on the prize!" In the long run it pays off but there are stages to get thru. If you do not find your answers on the forums I would be happy to try to help you, altho I am not a trainer and have only my own experience to judge by! LouLou is the most gracious person I have ever known and is readily available to all on her forum! She wants us all to succeed and share her joy with learning this!

I always tell ppl to start out with an eye exercise and see if you think it is going to work for you. There is a free video on her website that you can get an idea of what it is all about. It doesn't have the explanations, but you can see what she is doing. Don't be afraid to do them!

I hope this helps you! Sorry to go on and on, but there is a lot to learn.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please dont be sorry...I love to learn new things.....I am also very open to new ideas and suggestions, I also appreciate the fact that you take the time to respond to my posts. Yes I did see the video, I was rather fascinated by her techniques. I did not actually try all of them, but I think I will go back and watch again. I was just afraid of creating wrinkles where I don't have them now. This particular women had folds near her nose and mouth, they became much more pronounced after doing the exercises, that is what scared me. But I hear everything you are saying. Thank you again Fawnie.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Hi Mom,
Yes the nasolabial folds are always a booger to treat. BUT it can be done! I am so amazed that mine are flattening out, but it took 8 months. I think that ppl who start before the problems become bad can stave off the appearance of them quite a while. Makes sense, doesn't it?

It takes time though and commitment to do them no matter what! Sometimes I just feel like i can't do one more thing...but then I'm so glad I pushed myself afterwards. Plus, the massage you do along with the exercise just feels GOOD! It helps the skin keep up with the muscles in rejuvenating.

I have no illusions of looking 25 again, but I want to look the best that I can for my age and avoid that "hangdog" tired look that screams: "I'm old and I just don't give a hoot how I look!"

Keep me posted how you are doing!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lovely posts, Fawnie, and I share your sentiments about LouLou and her 'Ageless' programme.

Momof2girlz, I've only been doing Ageless for about 3 weeks, but I'm keen to keep going. I find that some days I look better than others - and some days worse. Overall, there is definitely a sense of something good happening - with increased skin tightness, and also improvements in cheek building etc at certain angles.

So, early days for me - but my life instinct and observation tell me that LouLou is onto something important with her programme designed to concentrate on building the muscles that majorly lift the face i.e. cheek muscles (among others).

I downloaded the book last night - having lurked on the Ageless forums/watched the videos, and practised on the quiet these last few weeks!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
"Practiced on the quiet"

LOL, yeah that's the thing: if anyone sees you pulling these faces they are bound to stare at you with disbelief! I sometimes do them in my car waiting in traffic, and just know someone is gakking at me!

Skin | care | talk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts