Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using this combo for about 5 weeks. I have not had massive amounts of peeling just a little around nose and mouth. My problem is that I have some spots that are light and some that are dark. it is noticable and my students ( I teach) are starting to notice. Is it likely that my coloring will start to blend with more peelin? Do I need to up my dose of RA to 1% ( now @ .5%)? What do you all tell your spouse or significant other? He is starting to notice and I debating on whether I tell him or omit the cause of my miraculous skin lightening?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Depending upon the kind of relationship you have or the kind of person he is, you might be able to fess up. Then again, a person's beauty routine is very personal & what he doesn't know can't hurt him! You will begin to blend as exfoliation continues. If it is really uneven, try lightening only the dark areas until you blend them in evenly, then go for overall lightening.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Unless you plan on stopping this routine or you're planning to divorce him, he should've been the 2nd person to know about your skin lightening. He might be into your complexion, as is. It's when people start doing these 'sneaky' things behind their spouses' back that tend to make things become 'rocky'.

·
Registered
22 Posts
lol, I would say i had a bad sun burn and now my skin is just peeling hahaha...or make up some weird lie and say how i had an allergic reaction to some cream and its just making my skin peel....

My mom always says to keep some things for yourself ,you dont always have to share everything with your spouse.

anyways thats what i would do
...It's your life do whatever makes you happy

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I have been using this combo for about 5 weeks. I have not had massive amounts of peeling just a little around nose and mouth. My problem is that I have some spots that are light and some that are dark. it is noticable and my students ( I teach) are starting to notice. Is it likely that my coloring will start to blend with more peelin? Do I need to up my dose of RA to 1% ( now @ .5%)? What do you all tell your spouse or significant other? He is starting to notice and I debating on whether I tell him or omit the cause of my miraculous skin lightening?
I had something similar happen.. I've seen a couple of guys that Ive known for years say.. "wow you look great", and then say something like "for some reason i thought you were darker". At first I felt frozen but I figure I dont really owe them anything....I personally cant see it that much but maybe because i see myself everyday
.. However, since your married its probally easier to to be honest and tell [email protected] least you wont feel like you have to hide your products exc....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a thick cream around my bad wrinkle lines and let it sink in and just cover the rest of the face. But retin-a works for "pregnancy mask" and particularly wrinkles. After a few days of that my skin is flaky so i bought a vibrating exfoliator for that and when you exfoliate daily, you really see results. My stepmother is a pharmacist, she's 55 and looks 40. But apply a thick coat to soak in on the "darker spots. I've also been using 2 different kinds on fade cream with good results, the active ingredient you want to look for to bleach your skin is hydroquinone 2%. I've been using Ambi and Vita-K-X bought at Walgreens. The combination of the three is working, you just have to be diligent...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put a thick cream around my bad wrinkle lines and let it sink in and just cover the rest of the face. But retin-a works for "pregnancy mask" and particularly wrinkles. After a few days of that my skin is flaky so i bought a vibrating exfoliator for that and when you exfoliate daily, you really see results. My stepmother is a pharmacist, she's 55 and looks 40. But apply a thick coat to soak in on the "darker spots" after all the thick coats of Tretinoin has soaked in. I've also been using 2 different kinds on fade cream with good results, the active ingredient you want to look for to bleach your skin is hydroquinone 2%. I've been using Ambi and Vita-K-X bought at Walgreens. The combination of the three is working, you just have to be diligent...

·
Registered
356 Posts
lol, I would say i had a bad sun burn and now my skin is just peeling hahaha...or make up some weird lie and say how i had an allergic reaction to some cream and its just making my skin peel....

My mom always says to keep some things for yourself ,you dont always have to share everything with your spouse.

anyways thats what i would do
...It's your life do whatever makes you happy
Cosign.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I put a thick cream around my bad wrinkle lines and let it sink in and just cover the rest of the face. But retin-a works for "pregnancy mask" and particularly wrinkles. After a few days of that my skin is flaky so i bought a vibrating exfoliator for that and when you exfoliate daily, you really see results. My stepmother is a pharmacist, she's 55 and looks 40. But apply a thick coat to soak in on the "darker spots" after all the thick coats of Tretinoin has soaked in. I've also been using 2 different kinds on fade cream with good results, the active ingredient you want to look for to bleach your skin is hydroquinone 2%. I've been using Ambi and Vita-K-X bought at Walgreens. The combination of the three is working, you just have to be diligent...

This is good to know. I have had issues with this for a few years from birth control. I had been spending money on all these peels and microderm treatments- when I should have been using retin a.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
As for telling everything to a spouse, there's a difference between being deceptive & having some privacy. If what you are doing is 'secretly' ruining yr budjet & you are hiding bills & products out of FRAR, this is a BIG problem & you need to come clean. When he finds out (when a call from a collection agency drags him out of a business meeting!), he'll rightfully feel betrayed & who can blame him? If you are secretly trying to go from a Fitz VI to a Fitz I, he'd have to be brain-dead not to notice. That is an extreme change & he ought to at least have a fair warning. If you are just lightening 'a few shades', treating age spots, freckles or sun damage, this is yr private business as a human being. Do you tell him every time you change a tampon? Every time you wax yr legs etc? Some thingss are private & do not require anyone else's input. If you're getting a facelift & breast implants, it is best to NOT try to sneak that one by. Common sense can help you decide what to share & what is private. My husband doesn't give a hoot about all my cosmetic potion mixing. I think he sees it as some mysterious 'woman thing' & stays away lest he be turned into a frog or something. He's almost scared of all my funny looking & odd smelling bottles & tubes. The compounding equipment freaks him right out. He has been using a facial oil I make for him for years now & it has really worked well on his skin. When he runs out, he discreetly leaves the amber glass bottle on my side of the vanity & I make a remix & place it in his medicine cabinet. I don't think he's ever worked up the courage to ask me what it contains. Whenever I've tried to explain any of it to him, his eyes mist over & he goes "TILT" like a pinball machine. So long as there are no fires, poisonous gasses & I look good, that is as far as his interest goes & I like things that way.

·
Registered
208 Posts
As for telling everything to a spouse, there's a difference between being deceptive & having some privacy. If what you are doing is 'secretly' ruining yr budjet & you are hiding bills & products out of FRAR, this is a BIG problem & you need to come clean. When he finds out (when a call from a collection agency drags him out of a business meeting!), he'll rightfully feel betrayed & who can blame him? If you are secretly trying to go from a Fitz VI to a Fitz I, he'd have to be brain-dead not to notice. That is an extreme change & he ought to at least have a fair warning. If you are just lightening 'a few shades', treating age spots, freckles or sun damage, this is yr private business as a human being. Do you tell him every time you change a tampon? Every time you wax yr legs etc? Some thingss are private & do not require anyone else's input. If you're getting a facelift & breast implants, it is best to NOT try to sneak that one by. Common sense can help you decide what to share & what is private. My husband doesn't give a hoot about all my cosmetic potion mixing. I think he sees it as some mysterious 'woman thing' & stays away lest he be turned into a frog or something. He's almost scared of all my funny looking & odd smelling bottles & tubes. The compounding equipment freaks him right out. He has been using a facial oil I make for him for years now & it has really worked well on his skin. When he runs out, he discreetly leaves the amber glass bottle on my side of the vanity & I make a remix & place it in his medicine cabinet. I don't think he's ever worked up the courage to ask me what it contains. Whenever I've tried to explain any of it to him, his eyes mist over & he goes "TILT" like a pinball machine. So long as there are no fires, poisonous gasses & I look good, that is as far as his interest goes & I like things that way.
I am completely in agreement and I am also delighted by your humorous take on the subject. I could not be with someone who could not distinguish lady time from man time. I am not going to sit among his friends in the middle of the superbowl knitting, painting my nails, and drinking slimfast. I expect the equal level of respect for my girl time.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm a cuddling person. Could ya'll just imagine someone's spouse lightening and peeling and not knowing what's happening to him from the hugging and sleeping in the same bed?!
Not to mention, a reaction from the RA!

I think the RA/HQ 'hiding' would work for LESS affectionate couples.

Also, trying to lighten to a whole NEW color is NOT something to hide from someone in which a person plans to share the rest of their life with.

Marks? Discolorations? Obviously, those are no big deal. Shades lighter = BIG deal.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You are correct about 'cuddly people' & RA/HQ etc rubbing off onto them. I always give it a couple of hrs to soak into my skin so there's no risk of transference or irritating his skin. My husband (from Northern Russia) would become transparent if he even looked at a tube of HQ for too long. Thank goodness he won't give a hoot about a few shades of colour. If I suddenly got a very short haircut THAT would freak him out. If I suddenly got fat, THAT woyld freak him out. So long as his favourite big leather chair is parked in front of that huge TV screen when OZ or Law & Order comes on at 11pm, he's the happiest man alive.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I like those shows, tooooooooooooo! Oooo, the Russians! So hot!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Russians are a good looking lot overall. Handsome men & beautiful women abound. Years of corrupt govts & the legacy of hard-line communism has left them cynical & moody, though. Aster what they lived through, who can blame them? I too am a fan of those shows (also The Sopranos & a few other 'gritty' shows). We get out the popcorn & watch together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts