Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long have you used this combination consistently?
How many mg of both per day?
Have you noticed any results & changes to the skin?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Start off with 1000mg of MSM and 2000mg of Vitamin C... After a week you can increase MSM to 2000mg.
I would advice that you don't go above 5000mg.
Results start to show from around the 3rd week.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Start off with 1000mg of MSM and 2000mg of Vitamin C... After a week you can increase MSM to 2000mg.
I would advice that you don't go above 5000mg.
Results start to show from around the 3rd week.
Thanks for the reply.
I've recently started taking MSM for almost a week so far. I've been taking vitamin C 500mg for a couple of months, then up the dose to 2000mg a few days ago spread out into smaller doses during the day.

What kind of results did you see around the 3rd week & how long did you take this combo?

What happens if to go over 5000 mg of MSM?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Any changes in eyelash growth?
I'm noticing my hair is becoming much softer.
Bountiful hair growth and slight change in menstrual cycle (For Ladies,of course)
Sunburn at the side of my face lighten a bit.
MSM results are quicker than that of Glutathione.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Thanks for the reply.
I've recently started taking MSM for almost a week so far. I've been taking vitamin C 500mg for a couple of months, then up the dose to 2000mg a few days ago spread out into smaller doses during the day.

What kind of results did you see around the 3rd week & how long did you take this combo?

I don't know what happens to the body when you go over 5000mg.I hear some people go over 10000mg per day, that's overkill to me.
Old age is slowly creeping in

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bountiful hair growth and slight change in menstrual cycle (For Ladies,of course)
Sunburn at the side of my face lighten a bit.
MSM results are quicker than that of Glutathione.
Yh, I had read about tips of waiting to start MSM during menstruation helps.
That's interesting that effects of MSM are sooner than Glutathione.. perhaps, because MSM aides in the production of glutathione vs supplementing with gluta directly..
Good to know, thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I honestly didn’t pay attention but I’ve just started using again, I take it in powder form because I hate taking pills. I put two scoops of msm and vitamin c in a bottle of water and gulp it down.

You'd want to be careful with putting it in water and gulping it. vitamin C and MSM are both highly acidic and can wreak havoc on your teeth and cause acid erosion and
erode your tooth enamel and can cause a lot of tooth sensitivity which is very hard to fix.
Instead of purchasing it in capsule form, buy empty capsules and fill them yourself. its very easy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

MSM is very safe. you can definitely go over 5000mg. most users I think take 10,000mg.
much like reduced glutathione because it is a powerful detox and you can become quite ill when you suddenly take too much.
so yes you are doing the right thing by gradually increasing your dose.. gradually increase to 15000mg for a week or two and monitor any symptoms.
supplement on that zinc weekly when taking a high amount of sulfur.

·
Registered
11 Posts
You'd want to be careful with putting it in water and gulping it. vitamin C and MSM are both highly acidic and can wreak havoc on your teeth and cause acid erosion and
erode your tooth enamel and can cause a lot of tooth sensitivity which is very hard to fix.
Instead of purchasing it in capsule form, buy empty capsules and fill them yourself. its very easy.
Thanks for the info, I’ll start using a straw. From my experience, vitamins in powder form yields quicker results because of faster absorption, more ppl would probably use powder form but the taste is what turns them off .

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I honestly didn’t pay attention but I’ve just started using again, I take it in powder form because I hate taking pills. I put two scoops of msm and vitamin c in a bottle of water and gulp it down.
I hate taking pills too, and having to constantly analyse each product to avoid if fillers are added. Pills makes me feel at times queezy. I'm currently using a combination of powders & pills.
Msm crystals diluted in distilled luke warm water, lemon juice, & either monk fruit blend or erythritol blend then drink with a straw.. no sugar or artificial sweeteners added lol.

Eventually I may gravitate again to just all pure powder form & mix it as I do the msm. Either that or what Summer123 mentioned of taking the powders & placing them into the proper coated capsules.
Powders are usually pure compared to the many capsule/tablet form, as long as the powders are produced from brands that aren't adding fillers etc, agreed.
Too many brands sell capsules & liquids with unnecessary added fillers to make customers think they are getting more product & added sweeteners.

I wish s acetyl glutathione powder in bulk was available, last time I checked it was available for companies.

Yes, it's always best to drink with a straw for anything acidic. It'll protect the teeth.

What is the mg per scoop that you take?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MSM is very safe. you can definitely go over 5000mg. most users I think take 10,000mg.
much like reduced glutathione because it is a powerful detox and you can become quite ill when you suddenly take too much.
so yes you are doing the right thing by gradually increasing your dose.. gradually increase to 15000mg for a week or two and monitor any symptoms.
supplement on that zinc weekly when taking a high amount of sulfur.
Is there a timeframe of how long msm can be taken? Longer than 6 months?
I've read that accumulation of msm occurs after extended period of time, but is that a negative or having anything to due with accumulation = more pheomelanin production?

What is the range of the detoxification usually take? I'm sure it's different for everyone, depending on how much built up toxic waste they have.
Yet, I've been unable to find a range.

What does the zinc do for high sulfur intake?

Sorry, questions leading to more questions 😊 .

·
Registered
11 Posts
I hate taking pills too, and having to constantly analyse each product to avoid if fillers are added. Pills makes me feel at times queezy. I'm currently using a combination of powders & pills.
Msm crystals diluted in distilled luke warm water, lemon juice, & either monk fruit blend or erythritol blend then drink with a straw.. no sugar or artificial sweeteners added lol.

Eventually I may gravitate again to just all pure powder form & mix it as I do the msm. Either that or what Summer123 mentioned of taking the powders & placing them into the proper coated capsules.
Powders are usually pure compared to the many capsule/tablet form, as long as the powders are produced from brands that aren't adding fillers etc, agreed.
Too many brands sell capsules & liquids with unnecessary added fillers to make customers think they are getting more product & added sweeteners.

I wish s acetyl glutathione powder in bulk was available, last time I checked it was available for companies.

Yes, it's always best to drink with a straw for anything acidic. It'll protect the teeth.

What is the mg per scoop that you take?
I honestly don’t know lol the brand I buy it comes with a double end scoop, one end is small the other end is larger I get two scoops with the smaller end lol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I’ve been consistent for about 2 weeks or so and today I received a compliment on my lashes she said they were so long and pretty so yes msm definitely helps with eyelash growth
Very nice.
More eyelash growth will be a pleasant benefit. My nails are becoming a little thicker & longer, I'm at 2 weeks also.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Is there a timeframe of how long msm can be taken? Longer than 6 months?
I've read that accumulation of msm occurs after extended period of time, but is that a negative or having anything to due with accumulation = more pheomelanin production?

What is the range of the detoxification usually take? I'm sure it's different for everyone, depending on how much built up toxic waste they have.
Yet, I've been unable to find a range.

What does the zinc do for high sulfur intake?

Sorry, questions leading to more questions 😊 .

hey.

nope.. no real timeframe hun. its like glutathione, you can take it for life. no harm.
and whered you read that?

detox usually lasts a couple of days to weeks depending on how unhealthy you are and how many toxins the body needs to expel.
mine only lasted 3 days, more like 2.5 days

apparently high intake of sulfur leadds to decrease in zinc ... so i take 40mg once a week (no harm btw).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Very nice.
More eyelash growth will be a pleasant benefit. My nails are becoming a little thicker & longer, I'm at 2 weeks also.
I always wondered about the eyelash growth. is it permanent?
like if you stop taking glut, do the eyelashes go back to its normal length??

·
Administrator
33,823 Posts
I always wondered about the eyelash growth. is it permanent?
like if you stop taking glut, do the eyelashes go back to its normal length??
Yes........but that goes for anything you do to grow them. So if you use Latisse, Careprost, etc, the minute you stop, they will eventually go back to the length they once were. Kinda like dieting..........if you stop dieting, exercising, etc, you stop loosing weight and eventually go back to where you once were. That's why they call it a "lifestyle change", nothing short term, its a lifetime of work!

But for lashes, I do know that IF you used Latisse, or Careprost, once they get to the desired length you want them, you can go into maintenance mode and use it every other night or every couple nights. I have no idea if Gluta or MSM lengthen your lashes. I've taken MSM for years and can't say they've lengthened mine at all........But I DO know Latisse and Careprost work amazing!! ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts