Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you put your DIY vit. C serum around the eye area (I'm thinking under the eyes and on the eyelids)? Do any of you do that or have you tried it and it caused irritation? Thanks in; advance for your answers!

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Be sure to try it on the rest of your skin before using around the eye area. I just use it on the undereye area since I'm afraid of it migrating downward into my eyes. It is acid after all.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Another quick Vit C question (I'm not OP).
Should I stop using Vit C serum before face waxing (lip/brow)? Asking, because I go off retinol product about a week before my appointments to avoid irritation/loss of skin.

·
Administrator
33,844 Posts
Another quick Vit C question (I'm not OP).
Should I stop using Vit C serum before face waxing (lip/brow)? Asking, because I go off retinol product about a week before my appointments to avoid irritation/loss of skin.
I don't stop my Vit C before I wax, but I do stop with the RA. When I use the Epicare, I don't stop with either-

·
Registered
398 Posts
Thanks! I think I am going to try using the C serum this time all nights up until my waxing appointment, just so I can see how my skin does. Hoping there won't be any rippage of skin!

I just get bummed before my waxing appointments because going off Retrinal for the week, I do think my skin doesn't look as good after a couple of days sans retinol. So I was hoping that continuing to use the Vit C serum would help compensate for that somehow.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi Kiera,

Dissolve 2.5g [half a teaspoon] ultra-fine vitamin C powder in 3 tablespoons of glycerine and rosewater mixture.
Pour a little into a egg-cup. When you treat your eye area, discontinue if there is a burning sensation.
This small amount enables you to do a patch test easily and quickly. Then you will know your skin's sensitivity to the Vitamin C lotion with very little time and effort,

Hope this helps,

redrose

1 - 8 of 8 Posts