Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
A product with Salicylic acid is your best bet. Use some sort of after shave lotion that has this ingredient in it. Also dont use anything with alcohol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
You can find toners with Salicylic acid in it or make one with Aspirin and Witch Hazel. Or add the aspirin to a store brand toner and that will give you the salicylic acid. I think there is a product called Tend Skin that is good for those things also.

·
Registered
255 Posts
If it's razor bumps/ingrown hairs on your legs you may want to use a scrub before you shave. It's the last step right before I get out of the shower. I use a scrub to exfoilate my legs and this helps in leaving my skin soft and makes shaving easier too. (Make sure you use a shaving cream/gel after you exfoliate when you shave)

I have two that are my favorites:
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control (Although it's made for the face I use it to exfoliate my arms too.)
Alba Sugar Cane Scrub (can be found at most health food stores)

·
Registered
139 Posts
If it's razor bumps/ingrown hairs on your legs you may want to use a scrub before you shave. It's the last step right before I get out of the shower. I use a scrub to exfoilate my legs and this helps in leaving my skin soft and makes shaving easier too. (Make sure you use a shaving cream/gel after you exfoliate when you shave)

I have two that are my favorites:
St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish & Blackhead Control (Although it's made for the face I use it to exfoliate my arms too.)
Alba Sugar Cane Scrub (can be found at most health food stores)
MEGGA, Megga dittos on the exfolliation step. If you're prone to ingrown hairs you should n-e-v-e-r skip this step!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Yeah thanks

It did wonders for me in eliminating ingrowns and it really helped the whole shaving chore to be easier over all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
You?ve gotten some really good tips from Bad Cat and Naturally. Using a scrub before you shave will help you get a better smoother shave (same for us guys shaving our face). It is also important that you use a scrub or body wash with a nonabrasive loofah sponge and go over your legs the days after shaving ? as this will help prevent the hair when growing back in from getting ingrown or causing the irritated bumps your experiencing.

I can also recommend a product from Anthony Logistics for Men (this product is also for women) Ingrown Hair Treatment ? this contains Salicylic Acid as mentioned by Naturally and a number of other good ingredients that help remove the dead skin, fight bacteria and free the ingrown hair(s). Using it can also be used to help prevent ingrown hairs from reoccurring. Hope this helps? Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts