Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok you guys , so i just started using RA on my body with the combination of my HQ mixture, and ever since then i start getting these skin rashes on the inside of my legs and arms, is ne1 else experiencing a skin rash due to RA?

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
What strength are you using & how often? This can be a side effect of RA on some skins. Try taking a brek from it for a while. Apply a little Hydrocortisone ointment to the rash to help it heal. Once it has gone, you can reintroduce the RA slowly. Get the lowest strength & use a bufferring method. To find out how, click on the link in my signature & scroll to the thread by LNL all about retinols & how to use them. In short, you buffer it by applying it over something else (Eucerin, olive oil etc)

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
oh no dont use any type of oils like olive oil to buffer ur RA, use a bland moisturizer, Retin-A is water based and that wont work properly if you have an essential oil on your face before you apply it, oil and water dont mix together.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Thanks for the correction LNL. I'd hate to screw up & misinform someone!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx, ondine and lnl im actually using .025 on my body, the funny thing about it is i have no type allergic reaction to it when i apply it to my face, but yeah im already mixing it w/ my homemade hq mixture which contains eucerin, should i not do that, i dunno im getting really frustrated, because i not seeing ne results lately from my mixture n its been like five mos and ive only lighten up two shades on my body, and since i finally discovered i can get the retin for really cheap would add it to my routine, and speed up the process a bit, but its just seems to be only making my skin worse.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I got an itchy red rash when I applied RA to my chest but didn't get this reaction on my face. I had to use a steroid cream to soothe it - I was scratching like a hound!

I mix my RA half and half with Eucerin cream or Vanicream (without spf or fragrance) at first then gradually increase the amount of RA and decrease the amount of Eucerin. I only mix a pea-size amount of each at a time and apply it. This works better for me than applying the RA over the Eucerin for some reason. HTH!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Any pharmacy sells tubes generic hydrocortisone cream cheaply. I get mine locally for approx $5

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
oh, is that what hydrocortisone is? ill pick some up later, thanx ondine, didnt know what i would do without this site

1 - 9 of 9 Posts