Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

so i have been using the RA/HQ and likas routine on my face for about 10 days now, i am totally new to this. i use 0.5 RA but i have notice that my pimples have been getting more, i didnt stop as i thought it will get better because i have only been using for 10 days, also i have notice some flakes but not that much, my biggest concern are the pimples/acne, i was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, is this normal before my skin all cleared up? please help as i certainly do not want my acne to get any worse!!!!

·
Registered
7,914 Posts
yes that is very normal for you to experience worsening of acne, it actually says that on the leaflet that comes with it. What the Retin-A is doing is its bringing all the underground acne pimples/dirt thats been on your skin for years and years to the surface and then getting rid of them by drying the pimples up and flaking them off. This is called the purging state when all your skin imperfections are brought to the surface in an effort to shed them off your skin. The purging state lasts anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks but the point is that after you go through this stage you will have almost near perfect skin with no acne, just clear, bright and radiant.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes that is very normal for you to experience worsening of acne, it actually says that on the leaflet that comes with it. What the Retin-A is doing is its bringing all the underground acne pimples/dirt thats been on your skin for years and years to the surface and then getting rid of them by drying the pimples up and flaking them off. This is called the purging state when all your skin imperfections are brought to the surface in an effort to shed them off your skin. The purging state lasts anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks but the point is that after you go through this stage you will have almost near perfect skin with no acne, just clear, bright and radiant.
Hi Lightenlift, my skin mentor
thanks alot once again for your advice. yeah i saw that on the leaflet but still i was getting worried..i guess i'll just have to be patient than, also i have notice my skin around where my acnes are, are more redish and dryer than the rest of my face??? maybe i am just washing too much with the likas soap, because i leave the soup on for a little longer on my acne parts to get more cleaner, do you think thats ok?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts