Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive decided to go ahead in the end and im following the routine of

HQ x twice a day, morning(+ sunblock) and evening.
And RA 3 times a week Monday, Wednesday and Friday

In result, my skin is burnning away under my lip and above my eye, also it's bleeding. Ive stopped using it now.

I guess this doesn't work for everyone.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe you should let you skin completely heal first, and then try using it less times during the week? What percentage of strength are you using for the RA?

Also, is that you in your avatar???

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe you should let you skin completely heal first, and then try using it less times during the week? What percentage of strength are you using for the RA?

Also, is that you in your avatar???
Ive been using 0.025% RA and 4% HQ

Yeah that's my avatar, really! Actually no, it's not....im kidding.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi,

Did you ever consider that perhaps you are allergic to these ingredeints? Many people are allergic to HQ, and RA. Or perhaps you are applying too much of the products. You only need a thin layer of both. Applying more does not guarantee better results.
Also, on another note, for all the ladies who are using HQ over a long period of time...it can cause excessive hair growth!

TC,
G

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Hi,

Did you ever consider that perhaps you are allergic to these ingredeints? Many people are allergic to HQ, and RA. Or perhaps you are applying too much of the products. You only need a thin layer of both. Applying more does not guarantee better results.
Also, on another note, for all the ladies who are using HQ over a long period of time...it can cause excessive hair growth!

TC,
G
oh no...that's all I need..what is considered a long period of time?

oy, i already have a inherited trait for too much hair, imo (so-called baby hair at my hairline, sideburns, light moustache)

how doomed can i be?!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi,

TC,
G
I followed strict instrictions from ondine and LNL. I never used too much and only applied small pea size amounts. I maybe allergic....but i just want say that HQ/RA doesn't work for everyone.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ive decided to go ahead in the end and im following the routine of

HQ x twice a day, morning(+ sunblock) and evening.
And RA 3 times a week Monday, Wednesday and Friday

In result, my skin is burnning away under my lip and above my eye, also it's bleeding. Ive stopped using it now.

I guess this doesn't work for everyone.
Sorry to hear this. You have 2 options now. FAIR AND FLAWLESS or GLUTA C

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'd like to say also though that just because other members on here are doing it doesnt necessarily mean you have to follow the same regimine. You said you were using hq twice a day. Well I cant use hq twice a day or it will be too much for my skin, and then you said you were using RA 3 times a week. Well maybe you should only use it once.

Everyone tries to just fit into each others regimine when quite frankly everyones skin is totally different. So you cant really knock ra/hq if you've only tried one method and it didnt work. Modify modify modify.

I do agree its not for everyone but its just funny to me how everyone expects it to work the same in the same stregnths for everyone. It wont.

·
Registered
819 Posts
what's GLUTA C?
Type in FUNKY MOMMY GLUTA C. The website has everything u need to know. I must say the product is not that cheap, but it can last you an easy 6 months or more. HAIJI who is on board the lightening forum has had great success. Check out his avatar.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd like to say also though that just because other members on here are doing it doesnt necessarily mean you have to follow the same regimine. You said you were using hq twice a day. Well I cant use hq twice a day or it will be too much for my skin, and then you said you were using RA 3 times a week. Well maybe you should only use it once.

Everyone tries to just fit into each others regimine when quite frankly everyones skin is totally different. So you cant really knock ra/hq if you've only tried one method and it didnt work. Modify modify modify.

I do agree its not for everyone but its just funny to me how everyone expects it to work the same in the same stregnths for everyone. It wont.
Im sorry but it's a bit silly you telling me i have to follow my own regime without following a common regime which apparently works for many.

And maybe some people shouldn't use it at all....quite frankly it's not for everyone! I now may have scars because of this.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Donaldo: your Avatars keep getting sexier & sexier!

On a serious note, Lady Danielle makes good sense. Not everyone tolerates every product. It appears that the RA is too much for your skin. Do you buffer it at all B4 applying it? I doubt the HQ is responsible for your side effects. For now, allow yr skin to heal. Apply a little polysporin or ozonol to help the healing process. Once you are healed, reintroduce the HQ 2x/day & watch yr skin's reaction. If all goes well (& I suspect it will) SLOWLY reintroduce the RA 0.025% using the buffering process described by LNL. To find this, click the link in my signature. It'll take you to our master instructions & sources thread. There, you scroll to his excellent Retinol info thread. Not everyone can just slap RA on. They need to introduce it slowly & buffer it. Check it out & think it over. I hope you heal rapidly & get back on your horse! You cannot keep APU down!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im sorry but it's a bit silly you telling me i have to follow my own regime without following a common regime which apparently works for many.

And maybe some people shouldn't use it at all....quite frankly it's not for everyone! I now may have scars because of this.
I'm surprise that a weak RA did that to you. How did it cause scars? Are you still doing the HQ?

I hope you get better!

·
Registered
463 Posts

I think you should stop using these things and never use them again! You are going to end up worse off than you started. Look for something gentle and natural. Maybe you have sensitive skin?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don, let it skin heal 4 2 weeks then start again lightly tap the retina on face DONT rub it in need only use a pea size amount use at night only u should be ok x

·
Registered
580 Posts
Is it OK to mix an Alpha Hydroxy Acids Based product with a mild version of Retina A, or would it cancel out the effects of the Retnoid?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry guys...but ive given up on RA and HQ....where my skin, was burned has now gone dry and darker. So i give up on it and throwing it all in the bin. It may work for some....but it's garbage to me. Thanks for everyones support!

Im gonna get F&F now and see how that works.

·
Registered
7,911 Posts
why did you THROW IT IN THE TRASH donaldo? There are people here who would benefit from HQ, if not that then RA, who are waiting for their ADC orders to arrive which takes weeks/month so you could've kept it for them.

Skin | care | talk

1 - 20 of 53 Posts