Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have raccoon eyes (dark circles around the eyes) and depending on what products I use they can look worse.

I don't understand why I have them. they didn't appear until I was around 8 or 9 years old in the third grade, and then progressively got a bit darker until I learned how to slightly lighten the area with lightening creams.

There are times when my skin will tan and I'll get a bit darker and people will ask if I wear dark eye shadow, which I don't.

I am black and I have noticed that many Indians have raccoon eyes, does this mean I have Indian ancestry...I always hated this about me

do cucumbers help to lighten them at all??

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm so sorry you're struggling with this because I know too many people who have the same problem and have tried product after product (including my boyfriend). I know there are a lot of REALLY expensive products out there (maybe they work - they certainly should for the price), but don't waste your money on the drug store stuff with Vitamin K, etc... they just don't work.

The only other thing I can suggest is maybe a Facial Highlighing Pen to directly lighten up the area: MK Signature? Facial Highlighting Pen.

·
Registered
224 Posts
anyone try hylexin?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your dark circles probably just look darker to you because of your skin color. White skinned folks have dark circles too, they look more bluish.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, if your not satisfied with the suggestions herein this forum, i think you should need a professional help from your doctor or a dermatologist in your area.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You will have to use a laser to get rid of the dark circles, if you have had them for that long creams won't help.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have raccoon eyes (dark circles around the eyes) and depending on what products I use they can look worse.

I don't understand why I have them. they didn't appear until I was around 8 or 9 years old in the third grade, and then progressively got a bit darker until I learned how to slightly lighten the area with lightening creams.

There are times when my skin will tan and I'll get a bit darker and people will ask if I wear dark eye shadow, which I don't.

I am black and I have noticed that many Indians have raccoon eyes, does this mean I have Indian ancestry...I always hated this about me

do cucumbers help to lighten them at all??
INDIAN ANCESTRY? MAYBE...but for your safety and scientific conclusion? Consult your dermatologist.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts