Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my dining area has been, basically, a storage area. Early-early yesterday morning, I decided to stop saying "tomorrow" and get my butt up and start working on decluttering it. I had this VERY bad shopping addiction for years. Amongst the thousands upon thousands of dollars in brand new stuff I had piled on top of each other, I found a BRAND NEW jar of expensive acne(Makari 1oz caviar cream) and two BRAND NEW Makari whitening soaps
! That alone is over $70! I don't know whether to cry or SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bought so many things, some, of which, I won't use. When I look at the lightening products I have, IT'S RIDICULOUS! I HAVE SO MANY LIGHTENING PRODUCTS
! Damn you internet creator
! Ok, ok I can't blame Internet Service for Individuals and Business Internet Service - www.com for having that addictive nature. Let me not, even, start on handbags and shoes! I may get around to using one of those ebay type sites or something.

I ordered from makingcosmetics.com:

Licorice (Been wanting to try that in my own type of mixture or solo)

Citric acid

PG (propylene glycol) (YAY! been wanting to try that too)

Some pump bottles, etc. I thought about getting the airless pump bottles, but they're just too small, 50ml. Hmm

Gonna create me the ULTIMATE lightening cream!
I don't know how long it'll take. I won't mention anything about any 'new mixing' that hasn't been discussed here, already, until I've had some time to do testing.

I'm going to look into finding some Mulberry gel caps(eventually). If Vitamin E gel caps can be opened and used, I don't see why lightening ingredients can't. Especially if they're 100% organic(no additives).

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
[email protected] that link coming up! I typed it as w w w . c o m, except all together and it came up as a link.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
So many people shop that way. Yours sounds like you caught it B4 anyone had to cart you off to the Dr. Phil show in a basket. LOL @ expensive acne (makari). I'm glad you're getting back onto the compounding horse. Between all of us here, we'll definitely come up with several winning formulations. Part of the fun for me is NOT intending to sell it & make a buck off of those seeking to lighten. I want it to be easily accessible, safe & effective. The idea of it being easy to customize according to individual needs & sensitivities is appealing too.

As for thst shopping, while sorting through it all might suck, it'll be the LAST time in yr life you ever will experience this. Think of it as a life lesson 'in the bag'.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Goddess, are we talking about compulsive hoarding-

Hey as long as your dining doesn't look like that poor woman who was either on Oprah or Dr Phil (I can't remember which). I think all of us has a little hoarding of some type. For me it is shoes and lipstick/gloss!!

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
there really is no difference between mulberry gel and powder, either way ur gonna be mixing it up and heating it down to make ur compound so whichever way it comes its gonna be melted together regardless of its vesicle.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
395 Posts
Hey goddess, keep us informed! Let us know how it all works out! Cant wait to get my hands on licorice and mulberry...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As for thst shopping, while sorting through it all might suck, it'll be the LAST time in yr life you ever will experience this. Think of it as a life lesson 'in the bag'.
Thank you! That's a good way to save me some sanity!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@ GymRat: Lol! If you haven't tried the MAC lipgloss, you must! I use their lip pencil and clear lipglass/lipgloss.

@ LadyDanielle: Ok gal!

@ LNL: Well, dear, there is a world of difference between the 2. One can't, just, grab the powder and slather it on. The proper melting temperature has to be researched. The appropiate demominal ratio will be needed, etc. With the gel caps already being melted/liquified, I have many more options with less-to-none of the aggravation of melting and worrying about 'grit'-ness, etc. ...Straight from the gel cap and on to my skin.

@ NinaSky: Ok gal! I'll be doing all kinds of things as I find the time.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I so understand the shopping/hoarding thing. I need to go through my room and throw away all the shoe boxes so that BF doesn't kill me when he gets home in December!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
@ GymRat: Lol! If you haven't tried the MAC lipgloss, you must! I use their lip pencil and clear lipglass/lipgloss.

Goddess, I have a few MAC lip pencil's and love as well as their lipsticks. I haven't tried their lipgloss, are they sticky at all?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ooo, I was meaning to come here and clarify about the MAC lipgloss. I use the clear lipglass lipgloss.

I'm not helping your 'addiction' by mentioning gloss!

Yes, it's sticky! That stuff is like magic to me! I've tried so many different ones from 'chinese' hair store brands to DIOR(Christian Dior). This stuff is the BEST, to me! Once I apply it, I don't notice it. They give out samples to try. I like it because it lasts without me having to worry about reapplying for a while. But, yes, It'd be best to sample it first.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's a better word for addiction or hoarding? Lol!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Goddess, I have a few MAC lip pencil's and love as well as their lipsticks. I haven't tried their lipgloss, are they sticky at all?
Also! You do know MAC has this thing where if you give them 6 empty containers(lipstick containers, lipgloss, eyeshadow, makeup, etc) you get a free lipstick/lipgloss?!

If not, you should look into it and save those empty containers!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You can refer to yourself as an amateur curator of contemporary cosmetics.... sounds less pathological than hoarding & less dangeous than an addiction!

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I so understand the shopping/hoarding thing. I need to go through my room and throw away all the shoe boxes so that BF doesn't kill me when he gets home in December!
Too funny, do what I do, I leave the boxes at the store when I buy shoes.
If I am worried about not liking them or having to return them for any reason, then I take the box.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts