Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I have been using this for 3 weeks. Let me remind you I have NEVER had lashes ever even using mascara they would still be puny, stubby and short. After 3 weeks and using the same mascara I can say YES it works. I still can't see them without the mascara but with it on, there is a difference! They are almost touching my eyebrows not there yet but oh so close. I did take a before photo so I want to finish the tube and take an after. Also I will start Lumigan after this is done as it is SOOOOOO much cheaper to use. At 50USD for Rapidlash I couldn't keep it up. So for those you wanted to know it does work.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
what are rapidlash and lumigan?? I have read everyone is using these products for growing eye lashes. Are there no side effects??

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search here you will find lots of info. The first night I put the Rapidlash on it burned like crazy. I may have got some in my eyes but after a few days that stops.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Great that you're getting lashes, goatlady! Makes a big difference in the way your eyes look. I'm thrilled with the Lumigan. It didn't sting at all & there haven't been side-effects for me. At ADC, it costs approx $15/bottle & since you only apply a little each night, it lasts for approx 3 months! Makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would buy Latisse. Keep at it, Goatlady: you seem to be responding extra well to the product. You'll have an impressive fan of lashes in no time: your goats'll be envious!

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If mine look half like yours I will be happy! I have never had lashes and to actually have dark long lashes without mascara would be awesome! Right now after just 3 weeks and seeing a difference and I know there is a difference because I can SEE THEM! I can't wait to see 3 months from now. I have a nice supply of Lumigan and will start when the Rapidlash is gone. My goats will be asking for my mascara!

·
Registered
18 Posts
OK I have been using this for 3 weeks. Let me remind you I have NEVER had lashes ever even using mascara they would still be puny, stubby and short. After 3 weeks and using the same mascara I can say YES it works. I still can't see them without the mascara but with it on, there is a difference! They are almost touching my eyebrows not there yet but oh so close. I did take a before photo so I want to finish the tube and take an after. Also I will start Lumigan after this is done as it is SOOOOOO much cheaper to use. At 50USD for Rapidlash I couldn't keep it up. So for those you wanted to know it does work.
Hi: Where can I buy the Lumigan, and retin. Forget about the dermatologist because she won't write the prescription for it. She and plastic surgeons want to make tons of money be selling the product themselves for top dollars.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great that you're getting lashes, goatlady! Makes a big difference in the way your eyes look. I'm thrilled with the Lumigan. It didn't sting at all & there haven't been side-effects for me. At ADC, it costs approx $15/bottle & since you only apply a little each night, it lasts for approx 3 months! Makes me wonder why anyone in their right mind would buy Latisse. Keep at it, Goatlady: you seem to be responding extra well to the product. You'll have an impressive fan of lashes in no time: your goats'll be envious!
Hi: Thanks for the greats posts as they are very informative and helpful. I want to purchase lumigan. How to I get it for $15.00? Do you have any outlets that sell it without a prescription, say in Canada or offshore. Are they reputable? A few ladies have been ripped off saying their credit card information was given out illegally. And some had bill for 1,200 plus on their credit cards.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi: Thanks for the greats posts as they are very informative and helpful. I want to purchase lumigan. How to I get it for $15.00? Do you have any outlets that sell it without a prescription, say in Canada or offshore. Are they reputable? A few ladies have been ripped off saying their credit card information was given out illegally. And some had bill for 1,200 plus on their credit cards.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Ondine, are lumigan and rapidlash used for other purposes as well or r they sold mainly for making lashes grow longer. I couldnt get much info on the net.
Thanks for replying in advance.

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lumigan was originally designed for Glaucoma patients but they discovered it made their lashes darker and longer. Rapidlash can be bought OTC but you have to have a prescription for Lumigan unless you get it from an overseas pharmacy.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Lumigan was originally designed for Glaucoma patients but they discovered it made their lashes darker and longer. Rapidlash can be bought OTC but you have to have a prescription for Lumigan unless you get it from an overseas pharmacy.
Thanks for ur helpful reply, Goatlady. Lumigan sounds interesting but I' quite scared of the side effects esp. as it concerns the eyes. hmmm..

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
You don't put it in your eyes. The FDA has approved it for lash growth. You put 1 drop on a brush then apply it to your clean lash line like a liquid eyeliner. I've been using it for a while now & there have been no side effects whatsoever.

Ramblingrose, you can get it from: alldaychemistdotcom . I order regularly from them & I've never had any problems with my billing or with my orders. They're in India. RetinA in all strengths is available from them too. I don't know of a Can or US source for these items. If I find one, you can bet I'll post it. I only suggest a source once I've ordered from them at least 2x w/o anything dodgy happening.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
I just want to add that you should have an ophthamologist's OK before starting on Lumigan, Latisse, Lilash or ANY of the prostaglandin drugs for lash growth. The drug contained in these products can lower the intraocular pressure of the eye and you should have a Dr's clearance before using it. Save yourself some heartache in the future and have a Dr's OK first.

Also, the solutions are very irritating and can be a real problem if you have dry eye syndrome or wear contact lenses or have had eye surgery.

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I am just wondering if it's normal for eyelashes to shed everyday just like our hair??

Everytime, I wash my face or rub my eyes, I have a couple of lashes coming off. Is this normal and something not to worry about?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
I am just wondering if it's normal for eyelashes to shed everyday just like our hair??

Everytime, I wash my face or rub my eyes, I have a couple of lashes coming off. Is this normal and something not to worry about?

Thanks.
Hi Pumi,

I don't have shedding using Latisse, but some people do. I think this is normal if you are using any type of the eyelash enhancers.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Hi Gymrat,

Actually, I am not using any product on my eye lash. I wanted to know if eyelashes shedding is normal

·
Administrator
33,849 Posts
Hi Gymrat,

Actually, I am not using any product on my eye lash. I wanted to know if eyelashes shedding is normal
Lol, oh sorry Pumi, for some reason I thought you were using one of these eyelash products.

Before using latisse every so often I would rub my eyes and have a few lashes fall out. I think it is normal to shed lashes periodically.

Are you loosing ALOT?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts