Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am 18 years old and I have been noticing that when ever I shave I get a razor burn. Skin gets dry then really itchy. I work in the financial industry as a registered representative. I use Gillette Shave Gel just when I apply it it starts burning sensation.I deal with people everyday and it pisses me off having this razor burn is there any treatment to remove it or should I go to a dermatologist? Its around my mouth area only?PLEASE HELP THIS IS REALLY PISSING ME OFF.

·
Registered
48 Posts
try tea tree oil..i use that for my razor issues..i apply it before and after i shave....also clean the area thouroghly after shaving

·
Registered
412 Posts
Pre Shave conditioner (use before shaving cream) and Control Cream (as a calming cream to reduce redness and rash) from Mario Badescu. I use it to shave my underarms and lower legs that used to get wicked razor burn! The stuff is cheap too.

So many good shaving oils on the market too. Get some samples at the dept store or on line. I think your skin is just sensitive and this might not go away. You're going to have to use some special products to shave.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes it sounds like you have a sensitive skin, maybe just around the mouth area. My husband had the same problem, if he overshaved, I mean went over the same area more than once. He just changed his shaving soap to a more gentle one, and also his blades too. He now uses the cheapest Bic and has had no problem for years.

·
Administrator
33,798 Posts
Is apple cider vinegar any good?
Vinegar is good for a sunburn. I just don't know about apply vinegar to your skin when it has razor burn? It will probably sting. Try it-it can't do any harm, other than a sting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would go to a dermatologist first. I would use baby oil after I shave. I've got razor burn on my legs. I have to use a really good disposable razor, the Bic kills my legs, I get red spots, so I started using a three or four blade razor, but baby oil shouldn't sting, or even Vaseline
after you shave, if you can stand the greasiness. There is a Triple Antibiotic Ointment in a tube, clear that you could try. Anything that stings, don't use. It would just make it worse.
There is a baby oil gel, that would really sooth. But if you go to the dermo, take your razor.
When I used the wrong razor, or a cheap disposable it killed my legs,until I went to a better disposable.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Switching to an electric helped me. For the first 2-4 weeks, you'll have irritation from the switch (the booklet they include w/ the razor will even warn you about it), but after that its (relatively) smooth sailing. I've also found that using retin-a on a regular basis helps tremendously.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts