Skin Care Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: green cream question

I just started using green cream six days ago. One of the main reasons I am trying this product is to see if it helps with adult acne, large pores oily skin. I use a pea size amount of L6, every night. I have not had any reaction e.g. dry skin, redness etc. I have noticed that each morning my skin seems to be very oily. Is this normal?? has anyone else experienced this?

I was wondering if It will get better once my skin gets acclimated to the cream. I started using Cetaphil facial cleanser (for oily skin) in the pm, then I wait 20 minutes and apply GC.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

I know GC has a forum, but everyone on here seems to be just as helpful, I like to hear what others have to suggest.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Everyone reacts differently to g cream but however you just need to be patient normally it can take up to 3 months to a year to see any progress!

Also so that the green cream works best you should really use it on its own at night! With nothing else if you need to moisturize do this couple times during the day but not at night! Just cleanse wait bout half hour green cream then bed!

However the G C forum is great for advice!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is all I do wash with cethapil (thats just a facial cleanser) then nothing else but green cream.....thank you for the response....I will be patient

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Yes, NY is 100% right, it does take a while for it to work its magic.

In addition your skin may go thru a purging phase, mine did. I had an outbreak of pimples that lasted about a week. Just keep using the GC as usual. It's the skin "purging" all the junk from the pores that was lurking there.

Good luck!

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Yes, NY is 100% right, it does take a while for it to work its magic.

In addition your skin may go thru a purging phase, mine did. I had an outbreak of pimples that lasted about a week. Just keep using the GC as usual. It's the skin "purging" all the junk from the pores that was lurking there.

Good luck!
Hmmm I wonder if that's what happened when I started the Reversa regime --(gycolic acid) -- after about 3 weeks my skin started to break out. I dropped Reversa and started the Borba acne routine.

I have so many products -- trying to find the perfect solution for my skin -- that I could use a different line every day. What would that do to my skin?
I've just changed to Strivectin -- so far bad mistake.

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
I just started using green cream six days ago. One of the main reasons I am trying this product is to see if it helps with adult acne, large pores oily skin. I use a pea size amount of L6, every night. I have not had any reaction e.g. dry skin, redness etc. I have noticed that each morning my skin seems to be very oily. Is this normal?? has anyone else experienced this?

I was wondering if It will get better once my skin gets acclimated to the cream. I started using Cetaphil facial cleanser (for oily skin) in the pm, then I wait 20 minutes and apply GC.

Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

I know GC has a forum, but everyone on here seems to be just as helpful, I like to hear what others have to suggest.
Do you tend to have oily skin to begin with? I know you said you have adult acne. I did/do too, but I do not have oily skin.

You started with Lev 6? eeeewwwwaaaahhh be careful doing that. Unless you have tough skin. I personally never experienced the oily skin part, the purging I did, just a wee bit. Maybe try applying every other night, especially since you started with Lev 6. But really be patient, in due time you will get results. Hang in there-

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gymrat,

Yes I do have very oily skin to begin with. I had been using alpha hydroxy wash for quite some time, (I no longer use that since I started with the GC) that is why I opted to start with L6. I do have tough skin. Hopefully with some patience and time, I will see results.

I just wanted to mention that whenever I purchase any products online, I usually look for a coupon code. Most of the time I am successful, I just ordered GC from cosmecticville (I started with a sample) and I got free priority shipping (which is standard on GC) but also they have coupon codes for free samples of mama lotion. A very helpful site is www.retailmenot. They always post coupon and promo codes. I usually only buy online and always find coupons prior to ordering. This is not just for makeup or lotions, it is for most stores. Just thought I would pass along.

I have ordered from many stores and can usually find a 20% or even 30% off coupon.....try it....

·
Administrator
33,797 Posts
gymrat,

Yes I do have very oily skin to begin with. I had been using alpha hydroxy wash for quite some time, (I no longer use that since I started with the GC) that is why I opted to start with L6. I do have tough skin. Hopefully with some patience and time, I will see results.

I just wanted to mention that whenever I purchase any products online, I usually look for a coupon code. Most of the time I am successful, I just ordered GC from cosmecticville (I started with a sample) and I got free priority shipping (which is standard on GC) but also they have coupon codes for free samples of mama lotion. A very helpful site is www.retailmenot. They always post coupon and promo codes. I usually only buy online and always find coupons prior to ordering. This is not just for makeup or lotions, it is for most stores. Just thought I would pass along.

I have ordered from many stores and can usually find a 20% or even 30% off coupon.....try it....
eeeewwwwwhhhhhhh I LOVE coupons. Thank you I had no idea. This will help me a ton, as I am the online shopping queen!! I can NEVER get tired of surfing the the web for stuff! Thanks so much-momof2girlz! (I am a momof2boyz-guess that should of been my screen name-lol)

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know I am going off topic with this, but I have bought guitar hero, ugg slippers, most christmas gifts online and with coupons. I just recently purchased new pots and found a 30% off coupon plus free shipping (******* aid) there are also other coupon sites like couponcabin.com and many others. Just google "coupon and promo codes" you can include the name of the store and product.

I cant say you will always find a coupon but I must say 9 out of 10 I usually do.

·
Banned
33,050 Posts
Wow, that's fantastic! Like I need more incentive to shop! Enabler!

I think the rule is, if it's your thread you can go off topic with it....right? =)

Skin | care | talk

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Mari whats happened with the strivecton, what that has made it such a bad mistake?
Well, I think fawnie told me to save my money -- but I've read reviews about the product -- very uneven -- some getting a 5 star rating others a 2. So being me I decided to try the one getting poor reviews --Strivectin HS -- it's a serum that's supposed to give you instant results. ZAP!
Bye-bye to any wrinkle, no matter what size or depth, instant results but technically by the time you use up the bottle -- the wrinkles are gone for good.

I'm on day 9 and I have not noticed any difference in any wrinkle from the tiniest to the biggest. So I may continue but I've had better results from products 1/4 of the price. I wouldn't recommend it.

On the other hand, (pun) I've used Strivectin hand cream (it did get a good rating) and I would rate it a 31/2 (I'm a hard marker).

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Oh mari well i hope it sorts it self out otherwise i suppose will you try something else? What happened to that skincare you can only get in the US any luck, anyhow hope you find something that works soon!

Anyway im off to bed been baking all day and so tired can barely move

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Well, I think fawnie told me to save my money -- but I've read reviews about the product -- very uneven -- some getting a 5 star rating others a 2. So being me I decided to try the one getting poor reviews --Strivectin HS -- it's a serum that's supposed to give you instant results. ZAP!
Bye-bye to any wrinkle, no matter what size or depth, instant results but technically by the time you use up the bottle -- the wrinkles are gone for good.

I'm on day 9 and I have not noticed any difference in any wrinkle from the tiniest to the biggest. So I may continue but I've had better results from products 1/4 of the price. I wouldn't recommend it.

On the other hand, (pun) I've used Strivectin hand cream (it did get a good rating) and I would rate it a 31/2 (I'm a hard marker).
I used Strivectin HS serum for five months and it did nothing for me. After that I moved on to Retin-A and have been using it for 6 months now and I notice that my skin is changing - slowing but surely. The fact that it is turning over the top layer gives me hope that it is also working its way down through the lower layers, and will eventually minimize the deeper lines that I have. In contrast, the Strivectin HS serum did absolutely nothing for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts